ASUS P8P67-LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ebuyer seem have a good few deals on atm on SSDs and I'm looking to upgrade to ML anyway so the logical progression to upgrade my entire system is the SSD route atm!

I have narrowed it down to three various SSDs from what I've read and heard, so I would like your opinions please!

I'm looking at these three following SSDs;
Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD
SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD

I haven't heard many (if any) people saying there OCZ hasn't broken, have you considered the Samsung 830, they are meant to be quite good. But out of the three I would definitely go for the Crucial M4. I have just bought it and i have heard many good things about them.

Samsung 830, if you are open to suggestions.
Otherwise, go with the M4

You're not asking the right question here really, or at least not providing enough information.
What are you mainly using your system for?
If you're working with incompressible data, then forget about drives with SandForce controllers (i.e. the SanDisk one), but if you don't, then they're generally faster than other SSD's.
The Crucial is getting long in the tooth, at least compared to the competition and as you can see, most people don't trust OCZ...

Actually, I use the Dark Side of the Moon ET 1GB SSD with 60 Billion Nanosecond read/write times, all for $4.99, and soon to be available at Newegg.

Seriously, I've got three SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSDs, several OCZ Vertex 2s and 3s and an OCZ Agility 3. All work fine. However, I've had some issues with OCZ SSDs as they've had lot's of f/w updates since I've bought them. The SanDisk Expremes have not had a f/w update yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back