1. 0
Which Nvidia kext am I missing?

Hey guys,

Dell t7400
Xeon 5472 x2
Nvidia quadro fx5600 (or 9600gt)
8gb ddr2 640 ECC ram
A09 bios

I've got everything working on my dell t7400 except for video. I used multibeast/unibeast for installation. No DSDT but almost everything else works natively. I can only boot in safe mode.

When I boot without -x I kernel panic at the black screen (just before the sign in screen appears).

"Nvda(opengl): channel timeout!"
****[iobluetoothHCIcontroller]...

I've even installed the web drivers (which properly recognized my card and installed drivers accordingly). No dice.

I've tried the 9600gt that works "natively" in my old hack and I get no video output at all, just before the login screen.

Another side note, I had mavericks on this last week and the card worked perfectly, out of the box.

Attachments

• upload_-1.jpg
    upload_-1.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 0728152134.jpg
    0728152134.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 5.01.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 5.01.47 PM.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

See the forum rules
Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.

Hey guys,

Dell t7400
Xeon 5472 x2
Nvidia quadro fx5600 (or 9600gt)
8gb ddr2 640 ECC ram
A09 bios

For Quadro FX5600 need NVIDIA Web Driver.

For GT 9600, try with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

I've got everything working on my dell t7400 except for video. I used multibeast/unibeast for installation. No DSDT but almost everything else works natively. I can only boot in safe mode.

When I boot without -x I kernel panic at the black screen (just before the sign in screen appears).

What are the options selected on MultiBeast for installation???

"Nvda(opengl): channel timeout!"
****[iobluetoothHCIcontroller]...

Which connection is using for monitor??

VGA not supported, use DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable.

I've even installed the web drivers (which properly recognized my card and installed drivers accordingly). No dice.

If you have installed web driver, then try booting with "dart=0 nada_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v" (Use Quadro FX5600)

I've tried the 9600gt that works "natively" in my old hack and I get no video output at all, just before the login screen.

Try booting with "PCIRootUID=1"

For GT 9600, try with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Same thing. The monitor looses the input. blank screen and my monitor goes into standby mode.

What are the options selected on MultiBeast for installation???
3rd party data
Null cpu power management
fake smc 6.14
evoreboot
elliotforceRTC

chimera 4.0.1

kext dev mode

Which connection is using for monitor??
DVI-DVI for both cards

If you have installed web driver, then try booting with dart=0 nada_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v (Use Quadro FX5600)

Unfortunately, these boot flags result in the same kernel panic. what should PCIRootUID be set to when running the fx5600? or, does it not matter?

I appreciate your help!

Same thing. The monitor looses the input. blank screen and my monitor goes into standby mode.

3rd party data
Null cpu power management
fake smc 6.14
evoreboot
elliotforceRTC
chimera 4.0.1
kext dev mode

DVI-DVI for both cards

Unfortunately, these boot flags result in the same kernel panic. what should PCIRootUID be set to when running the fx5600? or, does it not matter?

I appreciate your help!

Are the both card installed in this system??

No, only one at a time. And I've tried using the both pcie slots, no luck

No, only one at a time. And I've tried using the both pcie slots, no luck

Connect GeForce 9600GT.

Connect monitor using DVI/HDMI cable, avoid VGA and conversion cable as it is problamatic.

The try booting from your USB with flags "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v" or "dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v", if the booting stuck with messages on screen then capture a clear photo of the entire screen and post here.

If you are able to reach installation screen, then install OS X Yosemite after repartitioning the whole disk.

Okay. I'll give that a shot this afternoon. FWIW, I reach the installer fine (with only -v boot flag), its the first reboot that's giving me trouble.

Connect GeForce 9600GT.

Connect monitor using DVI/HDMI cable, avoid VGA and conversion cable as it is problamatic.

The try booting from your USB with flags "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v" or "dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v", if the booting stuck with messages on screen then capture a clear photo of the entire screen and post here.

If you are able to reach installation screen, then install OS X Yosemite after repartitioning the whole disk.

okay, no luck with either of these solutions. I still get no video output when using the 9600gt. I DID happen to notice this though… When i browse my pci connections in BIOS, my 9600gt is recognized as a "vga" device. I cannot find anywhere in BIOS that will allow me to change this. You stated that Yosemite does not support VGA. Could this be part of my issue? I'm currently attempting to update my bios

Last edited:
Which Nvidia kext am I missing?

Bios:

Attachments

• 0801151554.jpg
    0801151554.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back