Contribute
Register

Which network driver to use with Intel I217?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've upgraded my Mackintosh to an ASUS Z87-I DELUXE board and Core i7-4770K CPU.

Right now I can't get the Ethernet port working. Well, almost can't.

If I boot from the Unibeast-created Yosemite install USB drive, and then select my SSD, I'm booted into my previous Yosemite installation and Ethernet works just fine.

However, if I boot the SSD, I have no Ethernet.

Installing any of the Intel kexts (using MultiBeast 7.0.2) causes a kernel panic the next time I boot, which is a pain.

Obviously it's not the Realtek kexts, and none of the Atheros kexts seem to apply.

I know others here have gotten Z87 chipset boards with the Intel i217 controller working, so how did you do it?

OK, did some poking around and fixed it myself.

The problem is that the Ethernet driver built into MultiBeast 7.0.2 don't work for this interface. A user in this thread over on InsanelyMac.com:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...byte-z87-d3hp-first-haswell-hackintosh/page-7

...compiled a version that works. I downloaded and installed it, and we're good.

I didn't try all the AppleIntelE1000 drivers built into MultiBeast 7.0.2, so it's possible one of them might work. Perhaps if I get bored I'll do some kext loads and unloads and see...

How do you install and apply the kext for the i217?
Sorry for the noob question.

Hi, I recently successfully installed Mojave, but couldn't get the ethernet to work.
My Ethernet controller is i217LM
I followed the directions from Mausi, and used the prebuilt 2.5.0 kext. I used Kext Beast to install the kext, and deleted Library/Preferences/SystemConfigurations/NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist.
I tried various combinations, but after each reboot, I am unable to connect to internet.
My Network preferences shows that "status" is "Connected", but I can't actually connect online.
Interestingly, when I change the IP Address (I'm on a corporate network), the system knows if I've entered an already-used IP Address and gives me a warning. But when I put it in my actual correct IP Address, it shows as connected, but without actual internet.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Intel i5-4670 / intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB / Intel Q85 Express / (Stock HP ProDesk 600 G1 with added Ram and SSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back