Contribute
Register

Which mothod you recommend me to use for my sandy bridge CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3 socket 115 LGA
CPU
Intel core i5-2500k
Graphics
ATI radeon hd 2400 pro
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[installed OS Xcorrectly Now need to fix Audio & resolution] Which mothod you recommend me to use for my sandy bridge CPU.

specification

CPU - Intel core i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz (socket 1155 LGA)
Motherboard - Gigabyte PH67-DS3-B3 (chipset - intel sandy bridge rev 09) (southbridge - Intel H67 b3)
RAM - DDR3 8GB
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 2400
Hard disks - Local disk(C:) 465 GB (My running windows 7) ...Local disk(D:) 223 GB (This is the one i want snow leopard on (D:) )

How do i install it

Could i have the simplest way to install snow leopoard with no errors and good sound quallity. I need mac to get Logic 9 pro (music development software).

Thanks, look forward to the responce:)

Thanks for your responce. I will try to install it now. Do you think the motherboard or cpu will be an issue? the cpu especially as it is southbridge

Thanks for your responce. I will try to install it now. Do you think the motherboard or cpu will be an issue? the cpu especially as it is southbridge

You mean Sandy Bridge CPU, right? The South Bridge is something else entirely.

P67 chipset is Sandy, CPU is Sandy, so should be no problem. Remember when updating from the 10.6.0/10.6.3 installed from the DVD, you need first to update to 10.6.7, run UpdateHelper and reboot, then update to 10.6.8.

Suggest you disconnect the Win7 SATA cable before attempting install of OS X. This makes sure you won't mess up the Win7 drive.

Thanks Iv now successfully installed OS X 10.6.8 . Although i have two issues.

1)
I know have an sound issue. I tryed to instal the ALC8xxHDA + NON-DSDT HDAenabler. I cannot get no sound.

2)
As the ATI graphics was not compatible i used my Inno 3d NVida 9800 GT 1GB. I had no errors installing but the resolution is on 1024x768 . It should be 1920x1080. There are no listings available for me to use to change the resolution.
How can i solve this issue. You previously said i could change back to the raedon graphics card? If i can how? and can i get the right resolution on the raedon instead?

Dont want to push it but if i can set up a Duel monitor how is it done? I Have all the cables ect. Just need to set it up :D

Thanks , Tufail

Does anyone now how to fix these problems? especially the sound

Thanks Iv now successfully installed OS X 10.6.8 . Although i have two issues.

1)
I know have an sound issue. I tryed to instal the ALC8xxHDA + NON-DSDT HDAenabler. I cannot get no sound.

2)
As the ATI graphics was not compatible i used my Inno 3d NVida 9800 GT 1GB. I had no errors installing but the resolution is on 1024x768 . It should be 1920x1080. There are no listings available for me to use to change the resolution.
How can i solve this issue. You previously said i could change back to the raedon graphics card? If i can how? and can i get the right resolution on the raedon instead?

Dont want to push it but if i can set up a Duel monitor how is it done? I Have all the cables ect. Just need to set it up :D

Thanks , Tufail
Tufail

As Your hardware is Sandy Bridge you need to modify the install method that the GUIDE has due to this reason.

Work on one problem at a time -

First off the order of the SATA cables needs to be changed - the Hac OSX volume should be on the first SATA port Windows the second Then the DVD. Also as GB states remove the Windows Drive SATA cable during the install of OSX. Also you have changed the BIOS to support AHCI SATA interface. This may require you to patch the Windows Registry as the default for Windows is IDE unless you changed it before the install of Windows onto the Hard Drive. If that was done then both windows and osx will boot w/o issues. But we need AHCI to install OSX.

Going Bald has a post on doing Dual Boot which you should find and read. The link maybe in his signature from one of the posts done by him.

As GB points out your Old ATI video card is a bit old for SL - You will need to have a video card that has both ports as DVI not a DVI and VGA.
But be aware that some Video cards do work w dual monitors w one port on the VGA port the other on the DVI. Not sure why just be advised.

Now if this nVidia card has both DVi then this would be my choice for the main video -
Does it look like this - http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-9800-GT-card-575.html
Note that this is a single layer card not a dual slot card. Big Difference.

You should use the Command or boot up switch "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to get a higher resolution than standard 1024x768x32 which is default when GraphicsEnabler=No.

Also you may want to look at this link as someone has done it for a HD2400 in SL -
http://www.osx86.net/desktops/10844-ati-radeon-hd-2400-xt-problem.html

It just maybe better to use the nvidia card anyways!

You will or should have used a DSDT file from our DSDT download link for this motherboard that matches the onboard BIOS version and used that as specified in the Guide !

Your spec -
Motherboard - Gigabyte PH67-DS3-B3 (chipset - intel sandy bridge rev 09) (southbridge - Intel H67 b3)
Your do not list the Bios version - and I am not sure what the F9 refers too. You will need to get the DSDT file that is made for this version of the BIOS.
So as you can see in the downloads section under DSDT and Gigabyte PH67-DS3-B3 you have bios versions F1 to F6. If your MB is not one of these you may want to see if you can downgrade it to the highest version that is listed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandy bridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Audio once you have this done and working Use multiBeast for the install of the Audio for 889 and the apple roleback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back