Graphics
NA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to build a Hack pro for photoshop use only and was wondering what would be the best motherboard to get and why. I have never built a computer before so in an ideal world I would like to keep it simple. In order to maximise photoshop performance, I will have the max ram and at least one PCIe flash drive as a scratch disk, and possibly another as a system disk. I will also use something like EVGA 980 Ti graphics card and Core i7 4790K CPU. A configuration like this would be optimal for photoshop, if anyone has any advice about a Motherboard I would welcome it. Thanks.

I want to build a Hack pro for photoshop use only and was wondering what would be the best motherboard to get and why. I have never built a computer before so in an ideal world I would like to keep it simple. In order to maximise photoshop performance, I will have the max ram and at least one PCIe flash drive as a scratch disk, and possibly another as a system disk. I will also use something like EVGA 980 Ti graphics card and Core i7 4790K CPU. A configuration like this would be optimal for photoshop, if anyone has any advice about a Motherboard I would welcome it. Thanks.

if you want to keep it simple use this list http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2016.html#CustoMac_Pro

those are high end parts. you cannot go wrong. 16-32gb of ram is cheap too. obviously you aren't getting the 740 on that list if you are getting a 980ti. The 980ti may be a waste of money unless you are doing lots of tasks which require photoshop to render, but if you have the money it's better safe than sorry and laggy. personally i prefer the case being a fractal design r5 than the corsair on that list but that's personal preference.

there are only three mobos to pick from on the top of that list, check out gigabyte's website to see the differences in the i/o and if you want to go further down the rabbit hole and overclock that 4790k (no reason not to besides your appetite and budget for case/cpu cooling), then maybe read some user reviews about overclocking performance of your chosen board (my guess is they will all produce a good overclock).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back