Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi all I have a Mac pro case with a 120mm fan and wanted to see which Mobo tray with back io cut out is best to buy?
do I buy the mountain mods 120mm tray?
I want to use a 120mm fan and not dual 80mm fans to try and keep is as stock looking as possible

If you look closely the mountain mods 120 is actually wider then the dual 80's and doesn't fit the mac pro case.

I think Lian Li might have a tray which works.

where can I find a Lian li tray?

Do you have the case? If you do then measure the inside of the case. All of the dimensions are on that page.

Jeffinslaw

Even if the OP doesn't have the case the decisions are on Apple's site as well as wikipedia.

And yes that mobo tray should fit.

yes I have the case.
I will also have to make a small cut on the back panel of Mobo tray to make room for the 120mm fan

At the risk of going against the grain; I am of the opinion that trays are not the way to go on Mac Pro chassis.

I recommend Micro-ATX form factor motherboard for Mac Pro hacks. Align the MB with a video card to the existing PCI slots, determine the IO port cut out size and location, and determine the proper standoff height. Fab up a IO port area back panel.

More opinions if you want them.

neil

yes thank you Neil for info.
I do plan on using a MATX Mobo.
I have no experience with this type of modding so I assumed using a tray would be simplest and best way to avoid damaging the Mobo with any other type of mounting other then using a tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back