Contribute
Register

Which is the best Graphics card for a real 4k hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte x99
CPU
i7-5820K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im building my first Hackintosh and im getting crazy looking for the best GPU.:crazy:

I got a Gigabyte-X99-UD4 motherboard and a i7-5820K CPU, so i just looking for the best match.

I see that many people buy the gigabyte GTX970 because of the compatibility but i don't know if is the best choise for a real 4k experience.

So i would like to know what you guys think. If you have any advice please feel free to let your comment!

The PNY GT 740 2GB DDR3 that you can buy off the shelf at Best Buy for $100 or less.

It's small, quiet, uses only one slot, requires no supplementary power cable, uses only 10W when idle, doesn't need special drivers, and drives a 4K display just fine.

Oh, wait, maybe you meant for gaming or video editing or something that requires a little more horsepower. Never mind, then. :)

GTX 980 TI, assuming you can afford it, is generally the best graphics card to get right now, ESPECIALLY if you're targeting 4K. And because it's nVidia, it'll work with Hackintosh via the Web Drivers.

The GT610 will run (2) 1080p displays just fine.

[

the Nvidia Geforce GT 610 and can run dual monitors just fine at 1080p. Movie play back in Blu-ray or standard DVD works fine.

which brand nvidia 610 works fine for you and have you tried it on latest Sierra 10.2.3 and if yes then as per your comment the dvi port must be working fine as i have a spare asus 610 2gb lying but heard it does not support Sierra anymore as it worked fine with El Capitan as i wish to use the HDMI port for my wacom along and screen using the dvi so please share your input

I would buy a GTX-750 or GTX 750ti or a GT-740 or GT610 if on a tight budget and you need an HDMI connection for 1080p displays.

Well, I accepted the advice and bought a GTX 750 Ti.
I spent one day with a skilfull friend trying to make it boot. Useless.... went to forums... no one was sucessful. The guys who did it got just parcial results and lots of bugs. Useless.
I know this is an old post, but I suggest eventual friends to AVOID the recommended GTX 750 listed above
(or otherwise someone could came here to show up how to make it work)
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back