Contribute
Register

Which Installation Method Did You Use?

Which Installation Method Did You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Tony's CD boot beta 3. Work great with the cheap graphic card only though. Gotta do some tricks after to have my Diamond ATI Readeon 4870 to work.

Boot CD: Followed the instructions for rolling your own Chameleon boot. Worked well once I figured out my graphics card challenges and threw in the DSDT for my UD6 board using one from the DSDT database. (I'm now on the hunt for an affordable decent vid card that I can use under OS X and Win7x64 - if I can't get my cheapo 4670 working better, 1024x768 - blah.)
;)

I used the USB Method outlined by Tony, However, I still had issues doing the install, until I copied the mach_kernel from 10.6.2 to the USB stick. Then I managed to get this to work.

:oops:

Just added 'Other' to this poll and it erased all of the results... Still learning the ropes of this forum software! :lol:

tonymacx86 said:
:D Which method did you use? :D

Hi I cheated and installed OSX 10.6 to a firewire drive connected to a real mac, then updated to 10.6.2 after which the disk was transferred to the hackintosh

To install Snow Leopard on my box I used the USB stick method. I tried the CD method first but since I have an IDE DVD/Burner drive it would not work!
I then fell back to the USB method which worked great for me. Just had to fix a few problems about audio and sleep (the usual iHacker stuff !).

cheers,

C-

tonymacx86 said:
:D Which method did you use? :D

Can I just say considering the HUGE changes/improvements to the method it's hard to believe it's only been two years... I was gonna go back and find a really old random thread to resurrect for poops and giggles, and I was shocked. So yeah..

~Rise from your grave!!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back