Contribute
Register

which highest version of macOS can my lga 775 GA-G41MT run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-S2
CPU
Q9500
Graphics
GT710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i want to make it for fun
so i found some old stuff in my house
the motherboard is gigabyte G41mt-S2
and the cpu is e5200 but i want to buy a new one that is more powerful
i will buy a gpu too
but the most question is that
can the mb run hackintosh and what's the highest version can it run?

I want to make it for fun so i found some old stuff in my house.
The motherboard is gigabyte G41mt-S2 and the cpu is e5200 but I want to buy a new one that is more powerful.
i will buy a gpu too, but the most (important) question is that :
Can the mb run hackintosh and what's the highest version can it run?

Your Pentium CPU is not supported. You will need to upgrade to a Core 2 Duo 7xxx/8xxx or Core 2 Quad 8xxx/9xxx at least. Check the motherboard's site to see if these CPUs work with your motherboard. You may need to upgrade the motherboard BIOS before replacing the CPU.

Check your motherboard's BIOS to see if it supports SATA AHCI mode. Without it you can't run MacOS.

You will also need to get a supported graphics card. If you get a supported Nvidia Kepler-based card such as GTX 760 (second hand) or GT 710 (new) then with all these in place your system should be able to run at least MacOS High Sierra / Mojave (not sure about Catalina).

i want to make it for fun
so i found some old stuff in my house
the motherboard is gigabyte G41mt-S2
and the cpu is e5200 but i want to buy a new one that is more powerful
i will buy a gpu too
but the most question is that
can the mb run hackintosh and what's the highest version can it run?
You can check on the Gigabyte website to see which CPUs have support with your specific board revision. Also tells you what BIOS version supports those CPUs. Here's the rev. 1.5 board's support list. Yours may be a lower revision.

No matter which revision you have it's a good idea to flash to the newest supported BIOS before you try to install the new CPU or any macOS version.

It's pretty likely that the E8500 or E8600 C2DUO CPU will work. Those have the highest single core clock speeds. About the best dual cores you can get for your board.

Last edited:
It's pretty likely that the E8500 or E8600 C2DUO CPU will work. Those have the highest single core clock speeds. About the best dual cores you can get for your board.
Will Q9500+GT710 be better?

-
If it's ok to run, i will use Q9500+GT710+BX500 240G+16GB RAM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back