Motherboard
Matebook D
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My actual internal HDD is going to die any moment.
I wish to know, now that I have to replace it, which one I have to buy? I mean, which characteristics should (or shouldn't) it have?
Please give me the specifics for a new HDD or a SSD.

EDIT: I found these SSD models (please confirm me that are compatibles with my 4530s):

Crucial M500 120 GB
Mushkin mSATA 120 GB
Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB
SanDisk SATA 120 GB

Thanks in advance!

My actual internal HDD is going to die any moment.
I wish to know, now that I have to replace it, which one I have to buy? I mean, which characteristics should it have?
Please give me the specifics for a new HDD or a SSD.

Thanks in advance!

It depends on your requirements and budget. If you want fast, go for an SSD.

As far as specifics about replacement parts, refer to the service manual. For the most part, any common laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD will work in the ProBook.

It depends on your requirements and budget. If you want fast, go for an SSD.

As far as specifics about replacement parts, refer to the service manual. For the most part, any common laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD will work in the ProBook.

Perfect. Thank you. I have to buy only a proper screwdriver (which?), right?
And how about the RAM? If I want to add more RAM, what I have to look out for?

Thanks!

Perfect. Thank you. I have to buy only a proper screwdriver (which?), right?
And how about the RAM? If I want to add more RAM, what I have to look out for?

Thanks!

Refer to the service manual.

Refer to the service manual.

Done it thank you.
One more question please.
For the HDD replacement, any common laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD will work. And for the RAM? Any will work, or I can choose only the 2-GB (PC3-10600, 1333-MHz, DDR3) like the service manual say? Will I notice real improvements with 2 more GB RAM? More RAM, will give more shared memory to the Intel HD 3000, right? Actually I have 4GB RAM and the Intel HD 3000 have 512 MB of shared memory.

Thanks!

Done it thank you.
One more question please.
For the HDD replacement, any common laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD will work. And for the RAM? Any will work, or I can choose only the 2-GB (PC3-10600, 1333-MHz, DDR3) like the service manual say? Will I notice real improvements with 2 more GB RAM? More RAM, will give more shared memory to the Intel HD 3000, right? Actually I have 2GB RAM and the Intel HD 3000 have 512 MB of shared memory.

Thanks!

According to the service manual you can have up to 8GB of 1333 ram.

According to the service manual you can have up to 8GB of 1333 ram.

RM, please suggest me which of these 2 ssd I have to buy:

Kingston V300 120 GB or Kingston KC300 120 GB

Price difference between the 2 is something like 20 dollars. The KC300 worth the 20 dollars difference?

Thanks!

RM, please suggest me which of these 2 ssd I have to buy:

Kingston V300 120 GB or Kingston KC300 120 GB

Price difference between the 2 is something like 20 dollars. The KC300 worth the 20 dollars difference?

Thanks!

I have no idea. You would have to read some reviews.

I have no idea. You would have to read some reviews.

This is what I'm doing right now.
I was asking you for an expert advice.
In the reviews they say that a bad thing is that both uses the Sandforce LSI controller. It can be a problem for my laptop with mavericks?

Thanks!

This is what I'm doing right now.
I was asking you for an expert advice.
In the reviews they say that a bad thing is that both uses the Sandforce LSI controller. It can be a problem for my laptop with mavericks?

Thanks!

I'm not in the market for a new SSD at this time, so I haven't read any recent reviews.

From past research, I tend to lean towards Samsung EVO for the good price, decent performance, and low idle power usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back