Contribute
Register

Which Guide to follow for my Optiplex 3020 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8H67-M LE
CPU
CORE I5 3470
Graphics
GTX 1050
trs96 absolutely love your guides mate and just wondering if i could ask a quick question? Will this guide work with Dell Optiplex 3020 Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz ?? I can pick a few of these machines up for absolute bargains and want to hackintosh one of them> Kind regards!

trs96 absolutely love your guides mate and just wondering if i could ask a quick question? Will this guide work with Dell Optiplex 3020 Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz ?? I can pick a few of these machines up for absolute bargains and want to hackintosh one of them> Kind regards!
Use the OptiMac 9020 Golden Build guide for your 3020 as you've got a 4590. The USB port layout is slightly different on the 3020 as it uses a different chipset. Other than that they have much in common.

Thanks Man! Are the dells as easy as the hp's to install macOS ? Ive previously done a hp6300 build and it installed and worked flawlessly! Do i need any tweaks or can i follow the guide fully ? Thanks for the help!

Do i need any tweaks or can i follow the guide fully ?
I'm not sure which audio chip the 3020 uses, if it's the same you should be able to use all the files provided and modify the USB SSDT for your H81 chipset. Other than that there's not much difference.

EDIT: looks like they do have the same ALC3220 audio chips unless you have the smallest M or "Micro" version.
Screen_Shot_5.png

Screen_Shot_4.png

For the USB ports the 3020's are missing two front USB 3.0 ports and two back panel USB 2.0. Other than that not much else to change.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
hey @jonnymonsell , I'm using dell 3020 also and I can assure you , you'll run macOS in no time if you follow @trs96 guide ..as for now I'm running Mojave since High Sierra and Catalina got some issues with this 3020. thanks to @trs96 guide in golden build forum ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-radeon-rx-570-lg-4k-27-ips-monitor.277811/ )

sleep usb and audio working just fine...just onboard audio I can't get It work. only line out ( back ) and Headphones ( front ) working.

sleep usb and audio working just fine...just onboard audio I can't get It work. only line out ( back ) and Headphones ( front ) working.
Are you saying that just the input Mic jacks don't work ? It may be that the pinouts for the 3020s are slightly different. I'm not sure if AppleALC accounts for that. Would take some work to sort through that by an experienced person. You can always use a USB microphone if need be. Those work with no problems.

hey @jonnymonsell , I'm using dell 3020 also and I can assure you , you'll run macOS in no time if you follow @trs96 guide ..as for now I'm running Mojave since High Sierra and Catalina got some issues with this 3020. thanks to @trs96 guide in golden build forum ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-radeon-rx-570-lg-4k-27-ips-monitor.277811/ )

Same as you...audio is OK but the microphone is not well, having much electric noise, must speak loudly then it will have some sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back