Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi ,

Im running MacOSX Mavericks 10.9.
Have to say everything works excelent except my old graphics card which is not supported at all.
So i am buying a new card. I would want to choose a card who would provide me minimum problems with installation and compability.

Heres the list what im aiming for. I want a low budget card.

1. PCI-E XFX ATI RADEON HD 5450 Low Profile, 1GB DDR3, HDMI, DVI, D-SUB, HDTV

PCI-E XFX AMD RADEON HD 6450 Low profile, 1GB DDR3, D-SUB, DVI, HDMI

PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce G210, passive cooling, 1GB DDR3, HDMI, D-SUB, DVI, HDTV

What are your thoughts?

All best ,

Hi ,

Im running MacOSX Mavericks 10.9.
Have to say everything works excelent except my old graphics card which is not supported at all.
So i am buying a new card. I would want to choose a card who would provide me minimum problems with installation and compability.

Heres the list what im aiming for. I want a low budget card.

1. PCI-E XFX ATI RADEON HD 5450 Low Profile, 1GB DDR3, HDMI, DVI, D-SUB, HDTV

PCI-E XFX AMD RADEON HD 6450 Low profile, 1GB DDR3, D-SUB, DVI, HDMI

PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce G210, passive cooling, 1GB DDR3, HDMI, D-SUB, DVI, HDTV

What are your thoughts?

All best ,

Personally, I would tend to stick with nVidia cards; I've seen fewer problem threads than for AMD cards. However, how low is your budget? You can get a GT 640 (MUCH better than the 210) for as low as $59.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500298 (that one is also passively cooled). That's only $20 over the prices of the ones you listed above.

Personally, I would tend to stick with nVidia cards; I've seen fewer problem threads than for AMD cards. However, how low is your budget? You can get a GT 640 (MUCH better than the 210) for as low as $59.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500298 (that one is also passively cooled). That's only $20 over the prices of the ones you listed above.

Wait wait ,Nvidia or Zotac. I am confused right now.
All in all i believe we are talking about trusted Brand (Zotac)?

I can go for Zotac and its price, not a problem at all. But still to stick to low budget and nothing High end.
Most of the performanse for as less money it can go.

You use Zotac GT 640? Install on OSX Mavericks?

;)

Mario

Wait wait ,Nvidia or Zotac. I am confused right now.
All in all i believe we are talking about trusted Brand (Zotac)?

I can go for Zotac and its price, not a problem at all. But still to stick to low budget and nothing High end.
Most of the performanse for as less money it can go.

You use Zotac GT 640? Install on OSX Mavericks?

;)

Mario

nVidia is the company who makes the graphics chipset. Zotac, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc. are the companies that make the graphics cards based on the chipset.

My GT 640 happens to be made by Galaxy. Yes, from what I've seen and heard Zotac is a trusted brand. I have never heard of a GT 640 that doesn't work with OS X, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. I was merely making a suggestion that you can get a lot more graphics card for only a little more money, if that is what you want to do.

nVidia is the company who makes the graphics chipset. Zotac, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc. are the companies that make the graphics cards based on the chipset.

My GT 640 happens to be made by Galaxy. Yes, from what I've seen and heard Zotac is a trusted brand. I have never heard of a GT 640 that doesn't work with OS X, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. I was merely making a suggestion that you can get a lot more graphics card for only a little more money, if that is what you want to do.

Understood. My intentions were not mean in any moment by my last reply so if you do felt insulted in any way possible i am telling you i havent meant any bad. Just talking.

..So as you said, GT 640 is verified.
In the meantime i have gotten an offer to by one of this two card for a cheap price.
They are both used, i believe in purposes of Coin Mining.

Cards are : Radeon HD 6850 and Radeon HD 6870.

Do you have any thoughts on this two?

Thank you in advance ;)

Understood. My intentions were not mean in any moment by my last reply so if you do felt insulted in any way possible i am telling you i havent meant any bad. Just talking.

..So as you said, GT 640 is verified.
In the meantime i have gotten an offer to by one of this two card for a cheap price.
They are both used, i believe in purposes of Coin Mining.

Cards are : Radeon HD 6850 and Radeon HD 6870.

Do you have any thoughts on this two?

Thank you in advance ;)

No, I didn't feel insulted at all - all is well. :)

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with the AMD graphics cards. I would do a search on this forum for those two graphics cards to see what others' experiences have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back