Contribute
Register

Which graphics card "lasts" longest?

Which graphics card "lasts" longest?

• It is NVIDIA, only take these.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Let me give you a detailed explaination.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Hey guys,

I am very new to hardware and especially to hackintosh.
Therefore I have got a question pertaining the graphics card:
While researching I saw this link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/november/2016#Graphics_Cards
It is mentioned there that some graphics cards are not supported anymore.

I want to have a computer with which I do not need to worry about that for 5 years.
The graphics card should have high-performance: Design, Photoshop, Gaming, 3D-Rendering, probably oculus rift, if possible-

Which graphics card should I take?

I would argue that Nvidia graphics cards are better supported than AMD graphics cards in macOS, and that any given Nvidia card that is supported today is more likely to remain supported in the future than any given AMD card that is supported today.

My reasoning is this: assuming Nvidia continues to release updated Web drivers for their cards, that means there are two potential sources for drivers for many of them (Apple and Nvidia). AMD graphics cards (so far) only have Apple's drivers available, so there is only one avenue of support, which is up to the whims of Apple, depending on what they decide to use in their computers.

As for a specific high-performance card, right now for Nvidia you have only the previous generation (GTX 9xx) cards to choose from, since neither Apple nor Nvidia has decided to release drivers yet for the GTX 10xx cards (Pascal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back