Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
In the Graphics section of Clover Configurator there are settings for Frame Buffer and Dual Link. Which frame buffer do I use and do I set Dual Link to 0 or 1?

I have: Sapphire Radeon VII
MacOS 10.15.4

In the Graphics section of Clover Configurator there are settings for Frame Buffer and Dual Link. Which frame buffer do I use and do I set Dual Link to 0 or 1?

@RedRogue,

Those are legacy settings that in most cases are not needed any more.

For most AMD GPU's we generally recommend to install Lilu + WhatEverGreen which will ensure that the AMD framebuffer and GPU is configured correctly ..... See this guide for more info info :-

Lilu + WEG should detect your AMD GPU type and automatically configure it, there is no need for any manual configuration.

The Radeon VII is a bit of an odd ball GPU as there are some users who claim that there is no need to install Lilu + WEG in order for it to work, whilst other users state that it will only work correctly with Lilu + WEG installed.

Best bet is to try without first, if all is working then there is no need to do anything else, if you encounter issues such as a black screen when booting macOS or some display connectors are not working then install Lilu + WEG.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back