Contribute
Register

Which drivers do you recommend for an Asus Z170-K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-K
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My motherboard is an Asus Z170-K and I have to install the drivers for macOS Sierra. I found that the audio driver is Realtek ALC887, but I don't know which drivers install for the network, in the specifics of the motherboard there isn't the name of the lan drivers.
Can you help me? Thanks.

My motherboard is an Asus Z170-K and I have to install the drivers for macOS Sierra. I found that the audio driver is Realtek ALC887, but I don't know which drivers install for the network, in the specifics of the motherboard there isn't the name of the lan drivers.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-K/specifications/
Realtek® 8111GR, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

MultiBeast > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1

Thank you so much. I didn't see this option.
And with the CPU, my processor is quad-core, but with the logic core is 8 core, in Misc what driver do I have to select?

In MultiBeast > Drivers > Misc only FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 is required.
If you want hardware monitoring you also need the FakeSMC Plugins and FakeSMC HWMonitor Application.

You don't need VodooTSCSync
VoodooTSCSync.kext synchronises the Timer Stamp Counter (TSC) on x86/Intel®64 CPUs.
This is only necessary for LGA2011 CPUs.

In MultiBeast > Drivers > Misc only FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 is required.
If you want hardware monitoring you also need the FakeSMC Plugins and FakeSMC HWMonitor Application.

You don't need VodooTSCSync
VoodooTSCSync.kext synchronises the Timer Stamp Counter (TSC) on x86/Intel®64 CPUs.
This is only necessary for LGA2011 CPUs.

Thank you.
And what about the NullCPUPowerManagment? What will happen if I select this option?

Thank you.
And what about the NullCPUPowerManagment? What will happen if I select this option?

There is a short description of what each option does.

nullcpupowermangement.png

Create an USB Installer with the selections a shown below.
If you have issues and can't get your system to boot then create a new topic in Sierra Desktop Support.

skylake.png

There is a short description of what each option does.

View attachment 244919

Create an USB Installer with the selections a shown below.
If you have issues and can't get your system to boot then create a new topic in Sierra Desktop Support.

View attachment 244921

Thanks again.
When I select UEFI in the quick start it automatically select iMac 14,2 option. If I leave this option Clover Configurator will give me a Serial Number for the iMac 14,2 or I can select a Mac Pro 6,1 after the driver installation?

When I select UEFI in the quick start it automatically select iMac 14,2 option. If I leave this option Clover Configurator will give me a Serial Number for the iMac 14,2 or I can select a Mac Pro 6,1 after the driver installation?

Best system definition for your hardware is iMac17,1 but can give you headaches with discrete graphic cards.
That's why MultiBeast chooses iMac14,2 as default system definition. It will give you the least problems.
See: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

If you want to change the system definition in MultiBeast
MultiBeast > Customize > System Definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back