Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Which config.plist to edit? on the EFI or the HD? Mobo info / ROM etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm having trouble with imessage, trying to figure out what's wrong. It seems that my ROM/mobo id aren't showing up when I try to run imessage debug. Says both aren't there.

if I load up the config file on the EFI image, all that info is there
however, if I load up the config file that's on the high sierra drive, that info ISN'T there.

Not sure if the one on the hard drive is even relevant, so I'm asking in hopes to alleviate some confusion here and get clsoer to solving my problem.

For iMessage change the plist in EFI

I figured out the issue. Though now I'm forgetting what it was. Oi. But it's fixed. haha.

That being said, why do I have a folder on my regular hard drive, and why so many other loader things in clover, etc. ? It all freaks me out. I had a hacking scare a couple years ago and to this day I'm still ultra paranoid about everything, especially if I don't understand it in its entirety.

Folders in macOS must exist because they exist in real macs too.Clover uses its own files to make macOS bootable working.Dont mess with it if you don't know what are you doing.

Folders in macOS must exist because they exist in real macs too.Clover uses its own files to make macOS bootable working.Dont mess with it if you don't know what are you doing.

Ah.
So, why are they different? Oh. So, wait. So, is the one on the hard drive... wait.

So, okay. Is the EFI booter basically running a host of stuff to set up a "container" for macOS, and then within macOS, it basically has to do the same thing too, make it's own "container" of sorts to host your user environment?

Yes,mark the thread Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back