Contribute
Register

Which Chipset? (LGA1155)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
i'm new here so excuse me if i do something wrong.

A little Story:
Yesterday, a friend gave me a fully functional I5-2400S. My main computer have a AMD A10, so i cant install mac os x on it.
I decided to build a hackintosh with this I5.

My Problem:
I searched a motherboard for the build and found out, that a Motherboard is more expensive than the CPU!
The most Motherboards here in germany for the LGA1155 socket are very expensive and are using the P67 Chipset.
I found some cheap Mainboards but they have the H61 Chipset.
So can I use the cheaper Mainboards with the H61 Chipset insted of the P67 once?
I know this socket is old, but I've got the processor for free and I wont buy a new one.

Thank you in advance!

Hello guys,
i'm new here so excuse me if i do something wrong.

A little Story:
Yesterday, a friend gave me a fully functional I5-2400S. My main computer have a AMD A10, so i cant install mac os x on it.
I decided to build a hackintosh with this I5.

My Problem:
I searched a motherboard for the build and found out, that a Motherboard is more expensive than the CPU!
The most Motherboards here in germany for the LGA1155 socket are very expensive and are using the P67 Chipset.
I found some cheap Mainboards but they have the H61 Chipset.
So can I use the cheaper Mainboards with the H61 Chipset insted of the P67 once?
I know this socket is old, but I've got the processor for free and I wont buy a new one.

Thank you in advance!
If you can find one, an H61N-USB3 or H61N-D2V are both compatible and have been used in builds.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/merkur-xmas-cheap-build-ga-h61n-d2v-i3-3225-8gb-ram.119996/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/1...3-3225-ivy-bridge-mountain-lion-10-8-2.91867/

the USB3 model is the better of the 2.

Im using the H61N-USB3 in my sandy bridge build. FYI USB 3 doesn't work in 10.11 causes kernel panics.
Are you using Rehabman's USB3 kext?

Are you using Rehabman's USB3 kext?

Tried it doesn't work. Give me kernel panic. The H61N-USB3 uses the Frisco FL1009 chipset its problematic in 10.11 I've disabled it in the DSDT anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back