Contribute
Register

Which case fan to choose for this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

For my first hackintosh, I'll be using a G5 case, modded with a full ATX conversion tray from the Laser hive (https://www.thelaserhive.com/product/g5-atx-kit-psu-holder/).

Here are the parts I selected :

Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7-OP
Intel core i7 8700k
Be quiet! dark rock pro 4
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2*8) DDR4 3200Mhz
Corsair RM750x
Samsung 860EVO 500GB * 2 (already own)
Western Digital 2TB (already own)

With the mod that was done on the case, I can put two 120mm fans on the front and one in the back. I don't know much about case fans, but since I want to use this build mainly for sound production on the one hand and I don't plan on overclocking and putting a discrete GPU right away on the other hand, I was thinking of getting three low speed Shadow wings from Be quiet!
Would that be a good choice?
Another option would be I guess to get quieter, more expensive fans like silent wings, but I don't know if that would be really necessary with this build.

Also, would my build be compatible with PWM case fans, and is this option useful?

I'm sorry if I'm asking noob questions, this is my first build... Thanks in advance :)

If you don't want invest much go for Artic Cooling F12 PWM. They are silent on low RPMs (up to 800) and have nice price.
Your motheboard supports 4 PWM fans, so no issue there.

I'm using smaller size F9 (2x Front 2x rear) in my build and they are able to make nice airflow in the case on low RPM's. Only thing I can recognize is GPU (coil whine and fan's in high load)

Noctua do some great performing and good looking grey fans that work very well with the color scheme of the G5 case.

I’m quite partial to the NZXT Aer F 120 with grey trim as it picks up the black of my other components while performing well too.

Thank you all for your answers! I already bought all the parts and I chose BeQuiet Silent wings for the case fans. It's really silent and lets me keep the computer on 24/7, even though I'm sleeping in the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back