Contribute
Register

Which Bluetooth dongle best for mountain lion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
use it paired with the Apple Keyboard and Trackpad. does not work in BIOS, but i don't think many (any?) USB bluetooth dongles do, either.

I started with the Belkin nano transceiver. It works OOB, but won't wake from sleep, doesn't work in the bios config, and takes a three count to pair when ML starts.

So then I did what MacTester did. Cost me $20, and I had it built in 20 mins. Works OOB, and works in my bios. Also resumes from sleep.

There is really no better way than with Apple parts.

I also have the ASUS BT211, Mountain Lion does not recognize it. Could you be so kind to share how you did it?

I have the Lion 10.7.3 and the Targus USB Bluetooth® Adapter - Class 2 ACB10US works great. Using the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad and they work fine.

For some reason my system is automatically bouncing straight out of sleep, which is only came up since I reinstalled Lion after trying to fix another issue. Good Luck

A Gmyle Bluetooth 4.0 dongle just came all the way from Hong Kong and works beautifully out of box in 10.8.2 with my Apple Wireless Keyboard, for now at least. ;) Wake from sleep (on my gaming box) - check!

I use the IOGear GBU521. It's only around $10 and has all the newest features like Bluetooth 4.0, etc. It worked OOB for me on ML.

I'm using this dongle with mixed results. Crashed when I tried to pair with my apple BT keyboard. Very slow using BT for iPad hotspot.

use it paired with the Apple Keyboard and Trackpad. does not work in BIOS, but i don't think many (any?) USB bluetooth dongles do, either.

I guess there is no mainboard that works with Bluetooth Keyboard in Bios.. The more important question is if the devices were recognized after boot, because with my bitecom(?) dongle the Magic Mouse isn't recognized automatically. After boot you have to press the mouse button and then a message window will appear asking you wheter or not you want to allow the mouse to connect - luckily I have an USB keyboard, so I only need to press enter but if you also use an Bluetooth keyboard .. :/

I have the same dongle and I'm trying to use wireless keyboard + magic mouse but I can't get both working at the same time. I have to choose, one or another.
Any trick?

That's the same thing I'm using..

because with my bitecom(?) dongle the Magic Mouse isn't recognized automatically. After boot you have to press the mouse button and then a message window will appear asking you wheter or not you want to allow the mouse to connect - luckily I have an USB keyboard, so I only need to press enter but if you also use an Bluetooth keyboard .. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back