Contribute
Register

Which AMD Radeon HD 6870/Tri monitors on Gigabyte 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thanks for the help :)

I really don't want to spend $30 dollars for an active adapter, unless I'm sure it will work. I may ask for one for christmas, lol. However, I may also be getting the 6870 for christmas, so I'm not really sure. I think I'll just see what happens in terms of me getting the 6870. If I end up not getting it, then I'll probably try the active adapter. In the mean time, I can continue to play around with the frame buffers.

Thanks again for the help guys! Please post if anyone has any knowledge of this card with 3 monitors or the active adapters! :thumbup:

Re: Which AMD Radeon HD 6870?

fb5000 said:
My HDMI port works on my gigabyte 6850... Not sure if 3 monitors work because I don't have a display port cable to test... On my system, I have set the following- GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Bulrushes and AtiPorts=4... This gives me full use of video so far as full acceleration... No apps crash etc... System profiler shows Radeon 6850. Decent Cinebench score...

The Bulrushes frambuffer seems to make the HDMI work and I have a second monitor plugged into the top DVI... Bottom DVI doesn't work with this settup, but it's possible the DP works... I don't have the cable to test it or a 3rd monitor right now. I tested all the frame buffer settings that I could find and for me this worked the best because I needed HDMI... Some buffers didn't load... And there was a mixed bag of different odd ports working or not working with the buffers that would load... Performance seemed to be similar within a frame or 2 between all the buffers that would load testing cinebench.

CPU Kid... If you have everything so far as cables and still have your 6850 to test, can you give it a try and see if the 3rd monitor works? Honestly 3rd monitor is not a huge priority for me, but I may expand some point later down the road if it works... I'm really happy with the performance of this GPU with my current settings. Hopefully it works with 3 monitors with these settings... Let me know if you test.

Second these comments - same Ati config as this - using HDMI and top Dvi ports - see sig for details.

@jeroenimo Thanks for the useful post! You should definitely try Bulrushes and AtiPorts=4. That got my HDMI working, when it never has in the past. I really wish I could get my hands on an Active HDMI to DVI converter, however I don't want to shell out $30 for something that I'm not sure will work. I wonder if using Bulrushes will make it so you don't have to unplug the DP when the system boots. That's something that I really wouldn't want to do, as I reboot fairly often. I also need GE=Yes.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the active adapters or frame buffers for the 6850 cards?

Thanks everyone. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in this situation, lol :p

hey everyone I'm having the exact same issue right now, managed to get two working either with the display port or the two dvi, I'm doing AtiConfig=Bulrushes which has helped me get the two screens but that's about where my progress has ended, has any one else had any luck.

Re: Which AMD Radeon HD 6870?

Shurt said:
cpukid said:
Hey guys!

I currently have a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850, and it's working great with dual displays!

I've been looking into a tri-display setup. As you know, the Gigabyte 6850 isn't currently capable of this. I've heard of a few people getting tri-display setups in Lion with a 6870 card.

Unless you're adamant about upgrading to a 6870, you might be able to get your current 6850 running three displays. Mine does, at any rate. HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI:

cSzOY.png

Power Color Radeon HD 6850

What are your setting for this card

If you need more than (2) monitors to use with this card, you need ALL ACTIVE adapters.... says right there so on the AMD website. ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE

If your converter is not active, you go back to only 2 monitors working.

i need help with this...have hd 6870,
2xDVI monitors Samsung 2343bwx
1x multi input tv inluding hdmi/dvi, hdmi, usb, analog.

i have various mini display adapters (even tried usb adapters, oy)

need assistance, please,,,, not sure if the conflicts are the mini display adapters or what.

of the two DVI ports on the 6870, can they both be used? if not, which one?

sorry about the questions,,,but i'm on drugs (kidney stuff) and it's hard to concentrate...lol

Top DVI port only (if GraphicsEnabler = Yes)

Use adapters for the rest of your monitors.

I have made a post for the solution to getting 3 monitors working on the Gigabyte HD6850. It was a totally random discovery but it works flawlessly none the less. See my post linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back