Contribute
Register

Which AMD Radeon HD 6870/Tri monitors on Gigabyte 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all should read this,as it will explain you why certain ports don't work,why framebuffers are different from each other,and why Duckweed is the FB to use with 6850(Duckweed=4 connectors,Bullrushes=6 connectors).It will also show you how to make your card fully working.Cheers!
****DELETE the underscore(_) after insanelymac,i don't know what bug is this,but the forum adds it :crazy: it's i.n.s.a.n.e.l.y.m.a.c.DOT com

alex_tzardea said:
You all should read this,as it will explain you why certain ports don't work,why framebuffers are different from each other,and why Duckweed is the FB to use with 6850(Duckweed=4 connectors,Bullrushes=6 connectors).It will also show you how to make your card fully working.Cheers!
****DELETE the underscore(_) after insanelymac_,i don't know what bug is this,but the forum adds it :crazy: it's i.n.s.a.n.e.l.y.m.a.c.DOT com

orrrrr you can save hours and maybe days and just follow my post lol

I got my 3rd monitor working thusly,
assuming DSDT, info.plist, and smbios.plist are correct for motherboard.

using Gigabyte gv-r6870c-1gd amd radeon series HD 6870

secret, for me, was a dummy mini-display/dvi adaptor in 2nd mini display port.

1-top mini display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with NOTHING CONNECTED
2-2nd min display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with dvi to hdmi cable running to TV
3-HDMI port = hdmi to DVI adaptor to DVI monitor
4-DVI port = DVI to DVI monitor

TA DA!

regnaD kciN said:
tricky....thanks! I've got 3 discreet monitors. Now, I'm trying to get Avid MC 6.0.1 to Full Screen Playback on my monitor of choice (which is a large TV with various inputs, presently using HDMI/DVI combo input) I can get Full Screen Playback only on the two DVI only monitors using active adaptors.....hmmmm

hmmm. im not sure. i dont use avid. i get fullscreen playback for hd videos with VLC on all my monitors. maybe avid has some limitations? i dont do any video editing. maybe use the hdmi/dvi combo on another monitor and get an DVI/HDMI adapter for the one youre trying to get fullscreen. as far as i know the only active adapter you need is for the display port.

Got It!! Found bug in their application. I, simply kept changing what I wanted to be the Full Screen Playback monitor and viola! choosing monitor 3 activates monitor 1!

Hey guys,
just wanted to let you know that this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814131433

does 4 monitors native in 10.7.3 with latest chimera. As long as your using active adapters (or native DP/mDP monitors) for the 2 mDP ports there is nothing else to do. works out of box. great card, only single slot too. I haven't tried it with earlier OS versions or chimera before 1.9

Cheers,
g\

now trying to get 10.7.4 to load

I got my 3rd monitor working thusly,
assuming DSDT, info.plist, and smbios.plist are correct for motherboard.

using Gigabyte gv-r6870c-1gd amd radeon series HD 6870

secret, for me, was a dummy mini-display/dvi adaptor in 2nd mini display port.

1-top mini display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with NOTHING CONNECTED
2-2nd min display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with dvi to hdmi cable running to TV
3-HDMI port = hdmi to DVI adaptor to DVI monitor
4-DVI port = DVI to DVI monitor

TA DA!

Unless you're adamant about upgrading to a 6870, you might be able to get your current 6850 running three displays. Mine does, at any rate. HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI:

cSzOY.png

Power Color Radeon HD 6850
Can you use the DVI and the HDMI with the Powercolor 6850?

6870 Tri Monitor Working

Thanks "trickybreeze" I followed your link and explanation and BAM it works great on my XFX ATI 6870. Thanks man. Buy the way this is running on a Z77/Core I7 Ivy Bridge motherboard/CPU and a ML installation.

Works great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back