Contribute
Register

Which AMD GPU with "budget price" recommended ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i5-3340
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi to everyone.

The famous "Black Friday" is coming also in France, and i'm thinking about upgrading my GPU to be able to move to Mojave (& Catalina in the future), for my desktop Hackintosh to be on the same software as my MBP Mid-2012.

I actually have a Nvidia GTX-750Ti. It's enough power, i don't need more performances, but no less because i sometimes use a 3D Stage Design CAD software under Windows, which require good 3D acceleration.

Any advice for a compatible AMD GPU with low budget for my good old setup ? (actually an old i5 3340, but it's enough for my needs)

if you don't need much power, rx 560 or rx 570 are going for pretty good prices now.

Thanks, i'll have a look on theses models :)

Quadro K4200, NVS510, Quadro K600, FirePro W7000, Radeon Pro WX4100, WX5100, WX7100 -- These are all single slot cards too.

The Quadro and NVS cards are NOT AMD, but they should be compatible out of the box since they are Kepler. Your windows 3D software might prefer CUDA cores.

Last edited:
The Quadro K4000 would perform as well as your 750 Ti in CAD work. It sells on Ebay for only about $65. The RX 560 is very hard to find and will cost you closer to $200 in most places. The RX 570s usually cost less but draw a lot more power. The other thing to consider is that the AMD Polaris cards will be supported a few years past the time Kepler cards will be. It's very possible that Kepler support will end after Catalina. Important to know if you need to run the latest greatest macOS at all times.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, i'll look for thoses options.

I would suggest The Quadro K4000 as well. I used it in the past. Won't break your budget but it's powerful enough.

New RX 580 for the better performance, or used RX 460/470/560/570 for the much cheaper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back