Contribute
Register

Which 32GB RAM will work with GIgabyte GA-Z68X UD3H-B3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got Corsair cmp32x3m4x1600c10 but it didn't fly with rev 1.3
Any thoughts?
Windows didn't like it.

Thanks

I would like to know about this as well.

Maybe I'm missing something, but trying to find 8GB memory modules that have been tested/known to work with the socket 1155 series boards is not easy.

I checked the Gigabyte site for compatible memory. The largest memory module shown seems to be 4GB. That will give you 16GB total on a 4 slot board. Not the 32GB that the OP was asking.

Doing searches for 8GB returns "system specs of max 8GB per slot or posts where people are running 4 x 2GB modules for a system total of 8GB.

Thanks for any insight! :D

I concor;
What I like about 32GB is you can switch off your slow VM and use all of your super fast RAM to speed up your system.

Thanks for the info! :clap:

Ordering a set as soon as I get off these forums. :mrgreen:

zeltacom said:
I concor;
What I like about 32GB is you can switch off your slow VM and use all of your super fast RAM to speed up your system.

I have 16Gb, and i barely go over 13-14gb. (using 2 VM and a lot of multitasking) i know the more ram the better, but i always had stability issues when maxing ram to the top of specifications. (for Z68, P67 its 32Gb)

Gordo74 said:
Those would work fine too, but they're more expensive. RAM is RAM.

Well, I am running them RIGHT now!!! Do they work???

Why yes, yes they do work at 32GB. But sadly, for Windows - NO! The GA board was designed for Windows specifically. The problem lies with Windows certainly. I wonder if I flash up to F11 if that would resolve the issue and keep my MAC settings intact (F10)?

I appreciate the insight. Sorry but with all the commotion I forgot to purchase thru TMX86.
NG charged me $60 in RMA fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back