Contribute
Register

Which 32GB RAM will work with GIgabyte GA-Z68X UD3H-B3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 402
zeltacom said:
I got Corsair cmp32x3m4x1600c10 but it didn't fly with rev 1.3
Any thoughts?
Windows didn't like it.

Thanks

I use 4 Super Talent 8GB DDR3-1333 sticks with my GA-Z68XP-UD3R motherboard which runs Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. Seems to work fine.

Jamesbond007 said:
zeltacom said:
I got Corsair cmp32x3m4x1600c10 but it didn't fly with rev 1.3
Any thoughts?
Windows didn't like it.

Thanks

I use 4 Super Talent 8GB DDR3-1333 sticks with my GA-Z68XP-UD3R motherboard which runs Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. Seems to work fine.

Yes, the Z68XP - I've seen Gigabyte showing a GSKILL 32GB that will work with that board. But I'm stuck with the Z68UD3H-B3. I really don't feel like dissembling my build and returning it and ordering a new set and testing it all over again. I'd probably run into several hundreds in RMA fees alone.

But please bear in mind that there's nothing wrong with the board or the RAM - LION boots with 32GB!!! But Windows won't!!!! So something is wrong with Windows or they need to fix something in the bios to let it fly. For now, I'm stuck with 24GB win/mac.

Gordo74 said:
...are you sure it's a 64 bit version?

O, yea!!! 32bit Windows can't do 24GB, but I've went on to Win8, hoping that it would be an improvement - but no luck yet!!!

Better yet... see the offending image below:

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 175
Gordo74 said:
Coupz said:
Which Win 7 do you have? What I know is, that the Home versions couldn't handle as much RAM as Pro or Ultimate.

I think that may be it. See here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 2bf33605e1

I had Windows Ultimate - by the writing on the opening screen. I'm using the free Windows 8 consumer preview edition - not sure which grade that is just yet. But I think I would like to get my hands on the Enterprise edition but that might not be for sale to the general public.

But in any case, what I have will do 24GB - 8GB more than 16.

By the way... you shouldn't use Win8 - except in a test environment... because all the bugs have not yet been resolved. Once, my whole HD got corrupted because the build was bad and made the drive unreadable - until reformatted. All my data was lost!!!

The preview version is just to get us to test the software for free and at the same time shoulder the risk of any potential disaster.

zeltacom said:
The preview version is just to get us to test the software for free and at the same time shoulder the risk of any potential disaster.

That should be a given. That's always how they are.

As far as the 24GB limit - they may have raised it to 24GB with the latest service pack. Regardless, if it is working on OSX, then it is a Windows software issue, not OSX, hackintosh, or hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back