Contribute
Register

Which 32GB RAM will work with GIgabyte GA-Z68X UD3H-B3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I got Corsair cmp32x3m4x1600c10 but it didn't fly with rev 1.3
Any thoughts?
Windows didn't like it.

Thanks

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I would like to know about this as well.

Maybe I'm missing something, but trying to find 8GB memory modules that have been tested/known to work with the socket 1155 series boards is not easy.

I checked the Gigabyte site for compatible memory. The largest memory module shown seems to be 4GB. That will give you 16GB total on a 4 slot board. Not the 32GB that the OP was asking.

Doing searches for 8GB returns "system specs of max 8GB per slot or posts where people are running 4 x 2GB modules for a system total of 8GB.

Thanks for any insight! :D

Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I concor;
What I like about 32GB is you can switch off your slow VM and use all of your super fast RAM to speed up your system.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the info! :clap:

Ordering a set as soon as I get off these forums. :mrgreen:

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkCentre M83
CPU
i5 4670
Graphics
Nvidia gtx 750ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
zeltacom said:
I concor;
What I like about 32GB is you can switch off your slow VM and use all of your super fast RAM to speed up your system.

I have 16Gb, and i barely go over 13-14gb. (using 2 VM and a lot of multitasking) i know the more ram the better, but i always had stability issues when maxing ram to the top of specifications. (for Z68, P67 its 32Gb)

Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Gordo74 said:
Those would work fine too, but they're more expensive. RAM is RAM.

Well, I am running them RIGHT now!!! Do they work???

Why yes, yes they do work at 32GB. But sadly, for Windows - NO! The GA board was designed for Windows specifically. The problem lies with Windows certainly. I wonder if I flash up to F11 if that would resolve the issue and keep my MAC settings intact (F10)?

I appreciate the insight. Sorry but with all the commotion I forgot to purchase thru TMX86.
NG charged me $60 in RMA fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.