Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The Lenovo looks nice. :) I actually thought about getting the AOC myself, but ended up getting the LG IPS277L instead. I don't regret it. :) It's a bit pricey on Bestbuy though...

Wow. All three of those 27" screens are only 1920x1080 pixels. That's ~80 ppi: eek!

At 27" I would want more pixels. 1920 pixels wide is OK at 23/24 inches, but bigger/coarser?
Personal taste I suppose (and more than 1920px wide will need a DisplayPort or dual-link DVI port on the 'puter).

A 27" Full HD display may be good enough for gaming and movies, but it sucks for browsing, text and picture editing. It's kind of a "Retinein" display. :p
In France, Dell makes a huge deal on the U27HM with an iMac 27 resolution (WQHD): 486€ shipped (40% off of standard price). May be worth considering for people leaving in Europe. (Yes, it will be mine!)

Not to mention that you can get the same panel that's in the Cinema Display from other brands at a fraction of the cost.

Untrue: it's the same LG Display that you'll find in Dell's and HP's. You can't set the brightness or anything else in the Apple Cinema Display. You can't flip it, turn it, swivel it. It may look good as a panel and a bling, but Dell offers a much better warranty at a fraction of the cost.

Wow. All three of those 27" screens are only 1920x1080 pixels. That's ~80 ppi: eek!

At 27" I would want more pixels. 1920 pixels wide is OK at 23/24 inches, but bigger/coarser?
Personal taste I suppose (and more than 1920px wide will need a DisplayPort or dual-link DVI port on the 'puter).
Yup. I'm quite happy with 1080p on a 27".

If you don't like to have any choice, the only remaining Apple display is made for you, indeed. It looks good and it's well built on its still stand, we'll just agree on that. And makes much more sense to adjust brightness on the keyboard. I'm just waiting for Logitech to sell a display with Illuminated keyboard dimming. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back