Contribute
Register

Where's Apple Inc. going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are an aggressive person. You aren't really saying anything except that, "if you don't agree with me than you are wrong."

Passionate and aggressive are often confused. I am passionate. Again please reread what I have written I am not making fun of people or calling them names. I live and breathe Apple. I make a living off of analyzing their business strategies and seeing how I can profit from where things have been left on the table. I have a very unique perspective that many ever get to have and I like to share it.

I am not quite sure how that makes me a bad guy.

What OS is unfinished? Are you referring to iOS 6? It isn't the OS that isn't finished, its an App that isn't.

It's not even the app. It's the mapping data that is flawed. Completely different things.

In response to the OP:
This is also a server-side thing that can be fixed transparently. There will never be a "boom" moment where maps will suddenly be perfect. You'll just notice over time that it gets better and more reliable. There has already been plenty of progress on this front in the last few weeks. Most people that are complaining about maps have had a problem here or there or are just parroting what they've heard from others. It's not perfect, it never will be perfect but again, neither is Google Maps.

I'm not sure what specific parts of iOS itself or OS X for that matter you could consider unfinished? It seems to me like everything they announced was shipped.

As for the hardware, my iPhone 5 and my Retina 15" MBP are the best pieces of Apple equipment I've ever owned. The build quality has never been higher. I simply have no idea what could be construed as "unfinished" or shoddy quality here. You may hear about issues from early production run hardware, but this is true for *any* product from *any* manufacturer. If 3 months in any of those gripes still apply, then you have cause for real concern at the company level.

Let's make sure to keep this thread a debate and not an argument. ;)

You really are an aggressive person. You aren't really saying anything except that, "if you don't agree with me than you are wrong."

He is providing points that are well founded and logic. If people disagree, that´s fine, but don´t call someone agressive just because they´re right, and don´t fill their posts with emoticons. Einsteiniac hasn´t crossed any lines, and is the one providing the most valuable arguments and points in this points, if you have a problem with that, don´t lay that on him.

Yea I am reading this thread with very interest, and even I don't think like Einsteiniac, I like his points and I couldn't find any of his comments aggressive.

Let's continue like this, this thread is very interesting :)

I really don't like where apple is going.
I started discovering the OSX system and i really liked for a while... but then i noticed a lot of things that doesn't really work, and some that **** me off.
All product of apple are based on the "first look". iOs, Osx... everything. Also the Laptop mac.

Why mac laptops don't support turbo boost? It is bios disabled just to keep the good looking product despite of a good ol' fan. (2011, dunno if now).
Why, in 2012, Mac Osx has only Open GL 3. Doesn't make sense... Lion should had support for that and still MT doesn't. Windows 7 has it... Why not osx? It's native on openGL...

I was about to be proud of Apple at the presentation of iPhone5 when they said "We have a new dock adapter for iPhone5", since i thought it was a micro USB. No hell, a stupid proprietary connector that won't fit anywere.

iOs 6 launch was also ridiculous.

- Facebook integration.
- Panoroma camera that already existed in an app.
- Do not disturb.
- Maps.
- Incoming calls message.

My sister's Android 2.2 Froyo (talking about 2 years old O.S) does already those things. And does even more.
The real update should have been:

- Social Networks integration (Much more of them).
- Camera Effects built-in the camera app, much more than stock ones.
- A redesigned UI for the iPad. Come on guys, a 4 x 6 Grid on a tablet? A waste of space... It's really annoying. Not fully redesigned, but at least optimized!

My list can go on for ages... but i just cut here.

My girlfriend own a PowerPC Macbook. THAT is an awesome portable computer. It still works now, after all these years... and it works great, like new.

I hope to see some real and serious stuff next year.

Nice work on retina laptop anyway. That was really amazing. This is the Apple that shines bright.

PS: Sorry for my poor english. It's not my main language.

Apple is still the best, but I hear what you are saying.

I really haven't seen the need to upgrade anything Apple since the iPhone 4 and my 2007 Macbook Pro.

I hope that there is more "amazing" coming down the pipeline soon because my eyes are straying.

There was a reason to upgrade from the 2007 MBP in 2008 dude, the penryn processors ran WAY cooler than the merom. the unibody design and ddr3 included later in 2008 was also very significant. I see the point you are making but the 2007 MBP is perhaps one of the worst examples I can think of. 2008-2010 MPB, or the Mac Pro since 2009 are great examples.

First thing of all, I want this to be a debate not and argument as the moderator pointed out. Secondly I think that what Einsteiniac said was disrespectful to me, well this is how I feel, if there's no offense in his words then there's non taken! As simple as that but I'd like to remind that not everybody has the same definition of respect and that we have to consider it whenever we are having a debate. Furthermore I believe that passionate is good, but we must be careful, but passionate is always good.

I'm glad to have feedbacks on the MacBook Pro with Retina display. Since I don't own one my opinion is merely based on what I saw of it in the store, internet and a what a friend who owns it told me. I must say that I'm glad if you believe that is a great product and I'll take a moment to revise my opinion.

Whenever I talk of unfinished OS's I'm clearly making a comparison to older and outdated version. There are many things that I'd like to point out. The newer version of OS X are working on virtual ergonomic that's great but softwares are losing features, like iMovie so many friends that work in the movie industry have told me that past versions are much better than the actual one! Also I've something that disturbs me deeply, Apple is loosing support on some particular things, Java on Xcode, Rosetta that may be the saddest of all, iWeb good for people that are not into coding their site themselves and many others. I'm sure that most of you don't care about Rosetta since newer versions of softwares tend to be better than the old ones, but you do more than work on a computer and this way I've lost the ability to play lots of my beloved old games! Plus think of all the people that can't buy softwares constantly, I've seen my father going through that. Besides we now get to have updates correcting bugs all the time! If it's not ready simply don't release it, and we can't choose, soon the new iTunes is coming out and certainly it will be a pain to go back to older versions of iTunes if you don't like it. So we end up using third party softwares because we have no freedom on what version we want to use of the bounded apps that we may love.

As far as iOS is concerned, stability is the main issue, my iPod touch that I updated to iOS 6 had some bugs never ever seen on past version of the operating system.

Apple is innovative and still great. I use my MBP and iPhone every day, I don't say they are not good, I'm concerned about what it may become. I't would be a pain to have iOS on all Apple's devices, why because they are different devices and you don't use them the same way. It's normal to expect different capabilities on different devices. I want to point out as well that the social network softwares integration is kind of scary. I've studied a bit in Cyborg Anthropology and the conclusion I can make is that this globalization is making us mostly virtual people, I don't want to come back to the 18th century but we live in a real world and it would be nice to make a difference. We have internet communicators everywhere is it a reason to make all of them social tools? I believe that we must put apart social and work tools. I want my iPhone to be social, and I want my computer to be functional and professional.

I have another question what is with the new MagSafe's design, I mean the T form factor, I believe that the past one was much better.

Another thought, it has been said that Apple is going mainstream, well is going mainstream for people who can afford it, so how is that mainstream? How is being forced to re-buy all your software being mainstream?

I'd like to receive more thoughts! Don't be shy we don't bite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back