Contribute
Register

WHERE TO PUT "INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP"? DOES IT MATTER ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IT SEEMS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE EXECUTION OF UNIBEAST WHERE THE FILE "INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP" IS LOCATED.

Sometimes it appears that Unibeast doesn't FIND INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Should I place the FILE "INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP" in the APPLICATIONS Directory ?
or
Should both the file "INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP" AND the file "UNIBEAST.APP" both BE LOCATED in the same directory.

OR Does it matter where UNIBEAST.App is executed from?
=======================================================================================
I have been executing the UNIBEAST.APP from the DESKTOP directory.
And the file INSTALL MACOS HIGH SIERRA.APP from the Applications Directory.
That seems to work

Would things work "better" if

The UNIBEAST.app file is located in the APPLICATIONS directory? and the UNIBEAST.app file is ALSO located in theApplication Directory.

In order for the createinstallmedia command to work the install files need to be in Applications folder. Unibeast uses this same command so place it in Applications folder to create a USB Installer.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB

You could probably use it from desktop by changing the /Applications to /Desktop? But its easier to just move it to Applications folder.

If your just going to directly update from Sierra to High Sierra it can be anywhere (desktop, downloads etc..). Just click on it and follow the prompts to install to an existing drive for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back