Contribute
Register

Where To Find Sierra 10.12.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I changed the config.plist to Slot 0 as an Integer and got a very similar Kernal Panic to the previous ones. Just out of curiosity, I also tried Slot 1 and with the same result. Anyway, I can Post an image if needed. One thing I did notice from the various Kernel Panics is that the line for Boot Args appears only in the first, but not in the others. Assuming those are memory locations in the listing, the locations are slightly different.

One other thing that I did notice is that the config.list appears in 3 places on the USB device. When I made the changes, I replaced all 3 as I didn't know which one was actually used.

Right now I'm going to go back through some of the earlier suggestions and see if there's anything I haven't done yet.

Question: What is a kext summary and why wasn't one created?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
try adding boot-args -v npci=0x2000
if that does not work try adding -v npci=0x3000 instead

Did you add the kexts required for your hardware into Clover/Kexts/Other?

Tried -v npci=0x2000, but still get kernel panic. Will try the other variation soon...

The kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other are:

Kexts in Clover-Kexts-Other.jpg

Also, is this the correct syntax for the additional Boot Argument:

Boot Argument Syntax.jpg

Last edited:
Tried -v npci=0x2000, but still get kernel panic. Will try the other variation soon...

The kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other are:

View attachment 473147

Also, is this the correct syntax for the additional Boot Argument:

View attachment 473148
Get rid of boot-arg arch=i386 and WithKexts. You also should not have 2 strings - use only one with a single space between each argument.
i.e <string> -v darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>

Yeah it would. It wasn't clear how you got your config.plist?

Something like this would be a good starting point, I think:

The Clover version is also rather old. Lots of bug fixes you probably want from the later Clover 4xxx builds.

I've looked at this config file closer and it is about 100 lines longer than the one that I have been using and it has no MEMORY section, different Mac ID and sections that define macOS up to 10.14, for example. I could work on it but I would be flying blind. That doesn't bother me so much as, although I am a mechanical engineer (now retired) I did programming work for 6 years. However, it was never at the system level. I did Fortan, Basic, database query languages and simulation languages such as GPSS/H and AutoMod. Anyway, if need be, I can dive into it...

Anyway, I'll be posting files tomorrow as to what things look like to this point...

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't think of what else to try. Good luck to you!

I wish I could help more, but right now I'm going to focus on the struggle for justice in my country.

I decided to re-create the files on a new USB drive. What i discovered is that the 3 config.plist files are not the same as I had originally thought. Locations and file size differences:

/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
  • Old: config.plist, 3.6k
  • New: config.plist, 5.0k

/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName
  • New: config.plist, 3.2k

/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI
  • New: config.plist, 3.2k

The "Old" file is the one where I had previously modified the Boot Arguments and the MEMORY section. So, the question is:

• Should the Boot Arguments and the MEMORY section changes be propagated across the 3 other config.plist files?

Files below:
  1. Original modified config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER folder
  2. New config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER folder
  3. New config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName folder
  4. New config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI folder

Attachments

• config-plist-original.docx.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 38
  • config-plist-CLOVER.docx.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 47
  • config-plist-SystemProductName.docx.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 59
  • config-plist-UEFI.docx.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 52
Sorry, I can't think of what else to try. Good luck to you!

I wish I could help more, but right now I'm going to focus on the struggle for justice in my country.

Be Well!

Latest Information below...

Attachments

• debug_7491.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • MacPro3,1 MachineProfile.pdf
    199 KB · Views: 63
  • Mactracker Output.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 82
Get rid of boot-arg arch=i386 and WithKexts. You also should not have 2 strings - use only one with a single space between each argument.
i.e <string> -v darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>

• When I did the revision, I duplicated the space between <string> and -v but I don't know if that was intentional.
  • Are there any other files that I can post that would help?
  • Do the config.plist files have a hierarchy such that some elements have to precede others? In other words, do Boot Arguments have to come before SMBIOS section, etc.?
  • Conceptually I liken the config.plist files to be something along the lines of what was DCL (Digital Command Language) for DEC VAXes. It isn't at machine level where you are pushing bits and bytes around, and it isn't a high level language like C or Java; it is between. Is there a place to find more information so that I can at least ask intelligent questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back