Contribute
Register

Where To Find Sierra 10.12.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure which route to go down, now. I think the SMBIOS workaround is probably the way to go. So put the RAM module back into the other slot, and then you'll need to edit your config.plist in Textedit or a Plist editor. Find the <key>SMBIOS</key> section, and then within the <dict> that immediately follows, put the following:

Code:
<key>Memory</key>
<dict>
</dict>

And fill in the dict with the keys and values from the Clover documentation, here: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/SMBIOS/#memory

It's okay to leave out Vendor, Part and Serial. Your number of slots and number of channels are both 2. Number the slots as 0 and 1, not 1 and 2.

OK, had to take a bit of a break as I was getting slightly frustrated and I had some other things to do. So, I am back and I am going to shuffle the current DIMM around, and also try the spare one that I have never used, in order to get back to where I was (booting into 10.9). If that is successful, then the next thing would be working on the plist...

OK, spare DIMM in Channel B and back to being able to boot into 10.9 but goes into Kernel Panic when trying to boot from the USB device. Will switch to Channel A...

With the spare DIMM in Channel A it's back to continual restarting. Moved back to Channel B and can now boot into 10.9 again. I can generate Reporting Files now. I'm beginning to think that I must have zapped the original DIMM...

Last edited:
OK, I have made the changes to the plist file, but there is an error. The error is at the end of the file. Any thoughts about what to do about this? Thanks!

plist Changes.jpg

You were so close! Line 179, make it a </dict>

Memory info looks good. Hopefully that will let you boot with RAM in Channel B.

Thanks! We'll see!

Interesting...

After I corrected that one, it uncovered another one. Seems I had one </dict> too many. Fixed the unbalance and that error went away...

Kernel Panic; looks very similar to the previous one...

Also, config.plist...

Attachments

• 0D422A5D-A389-4659-9B1F-BECE04D51C4B.jpeg
    0D422A5D-A389-4659-9B1F-BECE04D51C4B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • config.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 41
By the way, I stumbled across this on dortania:

The main brand to avoid are:

• MSI(Weird Memory Layout that requires KASLR fix and just really poor ACPI programming, many Z390 systems are unbootable on Clover)
  • AsRock(non-native USB controller, Weird Memory Layout)
  • Gigabyte(Weird Memory Layout, requires KASLR fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back