Contribute
Register

Where To Find Sierra 10.12.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't add any kexts, but there's a long list of them on the USB device. I can post a directory listing if needed.

Where do those items go that you mentioned?

Does the Model Identifier get changed for Sierra? I'm currently at MacPro3,1.

Is your board Rev.1 or Rev.2?
Your GPU is natively supported by Mac OS up through Catalina - See List of Desktop Cards with Native Support
iMac 14,3 - Late 2013 with i7 4770S is the closest to your system hardware. Suggest you use this system definition instead of the 3,1. Max RAM for this model is 2 sticks of 8GB for 16GB total.

Make sure the USB drive EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other contains the Intel and Atheros LAN drivers and AppleALC for audio

Last edited:
OK, I have the side cover off, but...

The Rev number is covered by the output end of the graphics card. The card will only come out after removing the back cover as the connectors protrude through the cover. The back cover is held in place by 10 very tiny screws. How bad do we need to know?

The attached Kext Listing file has Kexts from the USB: /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions/

The attached Kext Listing - EFI has Kexts from: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Also attached is the Clover_Install_Log.txt file

It appears that the AppleALC Kext is not present. The link also mentions Lilu.kext. Should that also go into the same folder? Can I copy directly into the /Other/ folder?

Attachments

• Kext Listing.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Kext Listing - EFI.txt
    105 bytes · Views: 42
  • Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 54
Lilu enables other kexts you add. You may or may not need it for AppleALC. I would try it without first.

Added AppleALC and tried with and without Lilo. It appears to be the same result. Both tries had the message in the top line:

“zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed”@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.60.24./osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2141

Would it help to have a look at the Clover options? I noticed that Model Identifier will be set to iMac14,2 and the Clover version is 4045...

Attachments

• 6DB14879-FDDB-4EDF-9D97-2895CBE7C6E0.jpeg
    6DB14879-FDDB-4EDF-9D97-2895CBE7C6E0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Yeah it would. It wasn't clear how you got your config.plist?

Something like this would be a good starting point, I think:

The Clover version is also rather old. Lots of bug fixes you probably want from the later Clover 4xxx builds.

Added AppleALC and tried with and without Lilo. It appears to be the same result. Both tries had the message in the top line:

“zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed”@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.60.24./osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2141

Would it help to have a look at the Clover options? I noticed that Model Identifier will be set to iMac14,2 and the Clover version is 4045...
If all this is the result of the UniBeast app creating the installer, then I suggest you take another look at your UEFI/BIOS settings. The default 14,2 system definitions and the config.plist provided with Unibeast works on almost every board from IvyBridge up thru Coffe Bridge.

I've compared the 2 config files and there are a number of differences in both direction. The question is which is right? For example:

EFI/CLOVER: <key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string> (actually, it is has always been 1920x1200)
github: not present

EFI/CLOVER: not present
githup: <key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>C02532300QXG2Y7AD</string>

There are other differences.

I also have images of every page from the Options in Clover, if anyone is interested.

Is there a list somewhere of what the correct BIOS settings should be? More specifically, what would cause a problem with upgrading to 10.12? System is currently running well under 10.9...

It can also be RAM stick in the wrong slot.

Unibeast config should also be fine, but no reason not to try both if you're hitting an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back