Contribute
Register

Where is the OC sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocking in OS X is basically the same as in Windows. You can leave hyper threading enabled and XMP can be enabled as well. A stable overclock is one that boots, sleeps, wakes, shuts down and doesn't crash when being stressed. Every setup and CPU is different so you just have to test. It also depends on if you are using a water cooler or air cooler. Generally you can get higher clocks on water.

I can run my i7-4790K at 4.8 and my ram overclocked to 2133MHz from 1600MHz just fine.

Overclocking in OS X is basically the same as in Windows. You can leave hyper threading enabled and XMP can be enabled as well. A stable overclock is one that boots, sleeps, wakes, shuts down and doesn't crash when being stressed. Every setup and CPU is different so you just have to test. It also depends on if you are using a water cooler or air cooler. Generally you can get higher clocks on water.

I can run my i7-4790K at 4.8 and my ram overclocked to 2133MHz from 1600MHz just fine.

That`s already great feedback slim.jim, thanks.

I have a water cooler setup, and it`s working great. During benchmarking at 4.2ghz the max temp I got on Intel Power gadget was 60 degrees. My system was running fine, without any problems. I used the already configured setting option for 4.2ghz in my bios (asrock).

I have 2 x 4gb hyper x beast memory that can be overclocked, however not to sure which settings to change. Here are 2 pics of the options I have:

IMG_20151027_185719732.jpg IMG_20151027_185639251.jpg

I understand you can change the dram frequency to 1800 to start with for example, but the rest of the options I have doubts with...

That`s already great feedback slim.jim, thanks.

I have a water cooler setup, and it`s working great. During benchmarking at 4.2ghz the max temp I got on Intel Power gadget was 60 degrees. My system was running fine, without any problems. I used the already configured setting option for 4.2ghz in my bios (asrock).

I have 2 x 4gb hyper x beast memory that can be overclocked, however not to sure which settings to change. Here are 2 pics of the options I have:

View attachment 159393 View attachment 159394

I understand you can change the dram frequency to 1800 to start with for example, but the rest of the options I have doubts with...

I leave everything at auto and just change the DRAM Freq.

Thanks slim.jim, I`ll give it a try :)

I use Intel Power Gadget to check OC speeds. I have an i7-4790K running stable at 4.8Ghz on water in El Capitan and Windows 10. Always has issues with USB not working after sleep in OS X with an over clock but recently found RehabMans DMG of stuff 9 series boards and everything works great now with his SSDT.

Could you post a link to where you found that?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back