Contribute
Register

Where is the ''Extensions'' folder , Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 designare
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
ATI 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i installed 10.7.1 with the latest Chimera , and a noticed that there is no ''Extencions'' folder , inside the ''Extra'' folder ..... where are they now? where are my kext's ????? I want them Back! [ but everything works... ]

i believe, per lion, the /extra/extensions files are relocated to /system/library/extensions (S/L/E).
in the multibeast, the "Extension Migration Tool" does just that.

dh

mine is exactly same as snow leopard.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-11 at 4.43.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-11 at 4.43.41 PM.png
    414.3 KB · Views: 204
The thing is that i don't use ''migration'' , what i do is .. i think is way more simple. In my MacBook pro 2.53Ghz i "Do'' my System as i like , i am in to Digital Audio And Video, so i install All my Programs and Plug-ins, and when the System is ready i CCC to the Hackintosh H.D. , then i Install Multibeast [ for 10.7 ] and i am ready to go..... the only thing is that you must have a ''Real'' Mackintosh first ,and then Clone your System to the Hackintosh.... Works Awesome! , in 10.6.8 and 10.7.1, but in Lion the ''Extensions'' folder inside ''Extras'' is missing....Really strange because everything works!! so... where is that folder now?? perhaps they are installed in the ''Real'' Extensions folder [ S/L/E ] ?? if that is true i am kind of ****ed , because i tend to Clone also , from the Hackintosh to the MacBook pro, trashing the ''Extra'' Folder and trashing the invisible ''Boot'' , and now i can boot the Hack H.D. in my MBP via USB.....

.....mmmmm.... Yeap, i just check, they are in the ''Real' extensions folder... ****!
i wonder if i can move them to the ''OLD'' fashion way ,and then add the ''Extensions.mkext'' inside ''Extra'' folder ?

Moved to correct forum,
Lion Installation -> 10.7 Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back