Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I guess i'll start at the begging, I have a PC that appears to run off steam, only have one application open at a time etc, so instead of upgrading the 8 year old PC I'm planning to put it into retirement soon. Thus me needing a new PC :D.

This is my first Hackintosh build and this site has been invaluable. I've checked everything twice but these should all work on a snow leopard, then upgrade to mavericks build, but i wouldn't mind some one just to give me reassurance.

Gigabyte z87-D3H Motherboard
Samsung 840 Evo Basic 120 GB SSD
Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB (2*4gb) Memory
Fractal R4 Case
LG GH24NSBO DVD RW
500W PSU

I'll be getting later on after the build
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Windforce GPU :headbang:

Many thanks

You didn't list a CPU. Make sure to get a Haswell with HD 4600 graphics. See the
current buyer's guide. Probably best to avoid the Haswell refresh versions for now.

Hi,
thanks for the response. I'm planning on getting the i5 4430. It's the 3.2ghz processor. I can't remember the exact code.

That would be a decent build

Hi,
thanks for the response. I'm planning on getting the i5 4430. It's the 3.2ghz processor. I can't remember the exact code.

That CPU will work. You'll need to buy the Snow Leopard DVD disc and install it with iBoot Haswell.
Then update to 10.6.8 (do not run Multibeast) Go to the Mac App Store and download Mavericks
for free and make the Unibeast drive with that file in the applications folder of your Customac.

Use search and read all the pertinent guides to do this. All the info you need is here. Just takes
some time and effort, ask for help when you get stuck somewhere.

Thanks for all the help, going take the plunge into it soon:D! My final build specs are going to be;

Fractal Design R4 (windowed)
Gigabyte z87x-UD5H
Intel i5 4460
Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB Ram (2 X 4GB)
Samsung 840 Evo Basic 120 GB SSD
Corsair CX600
LG GH24NSBO (DVD drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back