Asus Z170-K
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, my GPU is not compatible with OS X, because is a Pascal Video Card, with Windows I connect the monitor to the GPU, but when I install OS X I have to connect it to the motherboard to use the integrated Processor's video card or I must disconnect the GPU from the PCIe Slot?

Pascal cards have no driver supported, but you can still use the basic display functionality of it by using GPU to Monitor through a digital signal connection.
Be sure you use nv_disable=1 in your config.plist
If you are building a dual boot system, you can use your motherboard igpu output(set primary in BIOS), and switch to GPU only in windows.
Downside is that most likely you are going to switch it manually.

Pascal cards have no driver supported, but you can still use the basic display functionality of it by using GPU to Monitor through a digital signal connection.
If you are building a dual boot system, you can use your motherboard igpu output(set primary in BIOS), and switch to GPU only in windows.

Thank you so much! I will configure my GPU with nv_disable=1!

But where is the iGpu switch?

What I mean was to switch in BIOS and change the input source of your monitor if it doesn't auto-switch to the active input source prior you get into Windows.
I am not entirely sure whether you can just connect your monitor through GPU and patch iGPU(HD530) and have full acceleration. That way you don't need to change anything. I might be able to test that latter tonight.

Edit: Just tried, doesn't work, you have to connect your monitor through onboard connector to utilize HD530 in full acceleration.
To be able to get full acceleration you just have to set the right BIOS setting. Load a quick profile can possibly just speed it up a little bit.
If not wanting to touch BIOS every time you boot to different OS, I guess this only option is either to buy two GPU and only set what GPU to render Application in Windows nVidia Control Panel.
However, you use up all the PCIe lanes to CPU, more PCIe devices will make CPU run at x8 x4 x4 which isn't good for one of the graphics card.
Still need to change input source connection, you can really just use 2 monitors or HDMI dock or just switch it manually using monitor buttons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back