Contribute
Register

Where do I go from here? Confusion Regarding Optimizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
It is painful just watching that video, let alone attempting to accomplish this task with the method proposed there.

Yeah, I had to mute it, terrible audio.

Last edited:
So, I added the code to my clover config.plist instead of using that video. No change re glitches. I have attached my config.plist

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 174
I got there with the video. Thanks @dmbsituation. I recommend the video to anyone who's a noob at this. You may have to paste all the code depending on your .plist. My year of programming in college about 15 years ago is coming back lol

Ya the video helps as a good visual reference for hacki noobs, of which I am. I haven't done coding since prior to y2k, so when people start talking editting plist, I think they need a urologist.

I got there with the video. Thanks @dmbsituation. I recommend the video to anyone who's a noob at this. You may have to paste all the code depending on your .plist. My year of programming in college about 15 years ago is coming back lol

I looked through your config.plist and it looks like you may have placed some parts of the code in the wrong place (though I don't know for sure if that would have an effect.

I attached my config.plist, so take a look at it and compare it to your own, go in small increments and save as you go so you can go back easily if something doesn't work.

Since I posted this yesterday I've fixed the menu bar glitch, audio glitch, and made my ethernet work (so you'll likely find some differences in parts of my config to be completely unrelated to the graphics issue). My mac is basically working perfectly now (though I haven't fully tested everything yet).

Once I've tested it all and have finished optimizing everything, I plan to post a full guide on how I did it all from start to finish to help out other people who started with no knowledge of hackintosh. Albeit, that could still be a month from now since I am waiting on my wifi and bluetooth parts to arrive, so until then, I'll keep trying to help ya out as much as I can

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back