Graphics
RTX 2070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out in the most humble way.
Finally after years I have decided to build my very own machine, and off course get it rock and steady with OSX installed.

My friend and I have tried several times, but it seams like we can't get through, or doesn't go any longer than install perimeter.
I am now after several attempts decided to ask you guys, in desperate help. Where did I go wrong?

Here is the list of the components I have:
- ASUS PRIME Z390-A, S-1151
- Intel Core i9-9900 Prosessor
- ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 DUAL EVO OC
- HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 32GB
- Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 SSD / 1pc - Installing the OS on this
- Seagate IronWolf 4TB 3.5'' NAS HDD / 2 pcs - for files
- Corsair RM1000x 1000W PSU

Is there any of the parts that doesn't fit the OS requirements that I have missed? Anyone with, has experienced familiar problems? Or has anyone any expert tips in the BIOS setup for the?
Any further information that I might have missed that is essential to solving this problem?

All answers are very much appreciated, and cant thank you enough already for all help I can get.

Best regards!

Attachments

• 59805946919__D4D8E29F-608D-4B4A-B6C5-DAB34FE43DE1.jpeg
    59805946919__D4D8E29F-608D-4B4A-B6C5-DAB34FE43DE1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
Where did I go wrong?

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

There are no Mac drivers at all for your RTX 2070.

Sorry @P1LGRIM . I was to quick on the trigger. I've updated what I have, for now...
Still working on finding the correct grahic card.

I'm sorry, but I have never built one ever before. Really wanted to construct a beast. But guess I was creating nothing LOL
My buddy is high-tec, but works mostly in Windows, so he wasn't aware of the equipment credentials to build a mac.

The models you mentioned, is any of these models compatible, and which one would you recommend:
- AMD Radeon Pro WX7100
- Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
- ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC
- ASUS Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC
- MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT EVOKE OC
- MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING X
- AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100 8GB

NOTE: I work mostly with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator and editing programs. No gaming!

Thanks for all help everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back