Contribute
Register

Where can I get BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid so :( Ubuntu also show no wifi or bluetooth in its hardware list.

The only thing I get on Mac's System Information is under USB hub: BCM20702A0
Looks like a bluetooth something, also the bios is unlocked with whitelist removed.
This card is hard to find I have to restart the hunt.

Sounds like at least part of the BT part may be working (BCM20702A0 is the BT device on USB).

I just received the Lenovo 20200480 (BCM94352Z) with only one notch, drilled the second notch to mount on my Lenovo G50-70 and it looks like the notch is ok and fit well on the socket. I also have the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext on clover's kext folder.

But the card is not recognised there is no wifi or bluetooth in the hardware system information, also dpciManager shows no hardware in its list.
What I am missing? Any idea?
Thanks

if you cut more than that, it affects the circuit board
20150918061749.jpg
The cut made by you should be smaller than the original cut

can you post a photo?

I am afraid so :( Ubuntu also show no wifi or bluetooth in its hardware list.

The only thing I get on Mac's System Information is under USB hub: BCM20702A0
Looks like a bluetooth something, also the bios is unlocked with whitelist removed.
This card is hard to find I have to restart the hunt.

Like rehabman said it would appear that the BT portion is working (at least to a point), you likely need to use the kext that uploads the firmware to the card to make it functional -- BrcmPatchRAM.kext --.

However finding a new card isn't really an issue any longer. The dual notch version of the card (from the Dell XPS line) DW-1560 is available online (without calling / going through Dell) for a reasonable price and much lower than the eBay stores that might happen to have one.

I bought this to replace the previous card I had which was one of those CS1 sample cards that were floating around which appeared to have been made by Lite-On based on the sub-vendor info. The cut cards can work but they can be difficult to get to work, there was a few times where BT would show up and WiFi would be missing ... I determined this was caused by the cut being slightly off so a little card movement was all that was needed to get WiFi to show up. (once i got the card in the right spot it wasn't an issue).

Here is where I got mine from:
http://newportcomputers.com/dell-nic-6xryc

018789d984066323b88fb27880595d01.9065.jpg

356c1efc7efb392d22d06dc3b943e5f1.9065.jpg

6e3aa1689ad83a09c1058928b36a243a.9065.jpg

OMFG!!!! Sorry guys.... my fault... WIRELESS was off on bios :((((

Now it is working well... it is was off because the conflict with the original card.

Bluetooth is recognized but it isnt working, I have to take a look at the firmware patch.

Thanks again :p

EDIT: Bluetooth working with BrcmPatchRAM.kext

_MG_3429.jpg_MG_3421.jpg

Last edited:
I bought BCM94352Z (DW1560) for my Lenovo T450s, and Wifi part is working fine after applying fake dev/vendor ID, but BT part is not working even after applying BrcmPatchRAM/FirwareRepo. Basically, after the system boots up, BT does appear at USB in system information. When I boot up with Linux or Windows, BT is working so good with proper vendor/dev ID.

Any idea?

I bought BCM94352Z (DW1560) for my Lenovo T450s, and Wifi part is working fine after applying fake dev/vendor ID, but BT part is not working even after applying BrcmPatchRAM/FirwareRepo. Basically, after the system boots up, BT does appear at USB in system information. When I boot up with Linux or Windows, BT is working so good with proper vendor/dev ID.

Any idea?

Probably need to post ioreg so that we can see how OSX sees this.

What OS version are you running?

Probably need to post ioreg so that we can see how OSX sees this.

What OS version are you running?

I'm mainly running 10.11.4, not 10.10. I attached my ioreg, however I couldn't find BT device in both USB and PCI devices.

Attachments

• ameola_ioreg.zip
    384.6 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back