Contribute
Register

Where can I get BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
any European users having sources for this one?

Dell France does not sell this unless you got a legit laptop SN and if not are sending you in an infinite commercial/technical services loop. They do not respond to part availability through parts support emails (I also proposed to buy a bunch through my company for the request to be taken in account, knowing I can then sell these to european hackintoshers -at a normal price of course-). But no responses either.
As soon as you ask, Dell US proposed to buy the card but are not shipping to Europe, so aren't partstore and so aren't newportcomputers (did send a message about possible overseas shipping today).
Still waiting for a response from Medion/Lenovo.

Rafael, I don't get you have to 'reimport' this, Anatel is a Brazilian company, maybe you should ask them or try to locate in which product these cards are installed in Brazil.
Sorry didn't see it was a certification/regulation sticker and not a rebranding.

I found an online reseller that claims to have 10 in stock for $27 USD each + shipping.
This is the dual notch DW 1560 card ...

http://newportcomputers.com/dell-nic-6xryc

I've just ordered one now to replace the physically modified single notch card (one of the C1S engineering samples) in hopes that it fixes WiFi in windows for the few times I use windows.

I found an online reseller that claims to have 10 in stock for $27 USD each + shipping.
This is the dual notch DW 1560 card ...

http://newportcomputers.com/dell-nic-6xryc

I've just ordered one now to replace the physically modified single notch card (one of the C1S engineering samples) in hopes that it fixes WiFi in windows for the few times I use windows.

Hey,

I have the Dell DW1560 (dual notch) and the Lenovo version (single notch) and Windows refuses to recognize neither the Bluetooth portion nor the WiFi portion on both cards. In fact, when I go to Device Manager, normally when hardware is seen by Windows but no driver is installed, you get a yellow exclamation icon. I get nothing. I tried installing several versions of drivers from different vendors (Dell, Lenovo, etc) and I can't get past the Bluetooth driver install because the installer tells me I have no Bluetooth device. When I try to manually install the WiFi drivers, Windows says the driver is installed and working properly buy WiFi doesn't work nor turn on. It's the strangest thing. I have an Acer aspire V Nitro gaming laptop. BTW, this card works flawlessly in Mac OS X. If anyone has a similar issue and can figure out the Windows side of things, please post. For me, it's not a deal breaker because I am so rarely in Windows anyways (and ethernet works) but it would be nice to have all the hardware working.

I have the Dell DW1560 (dual notch) and the Lenovo version (single notch) and Windows refuses to recognize the Bluetooth portion and WiFi portion on both cards. I tried installing several versions of drivers from different vendors (Dell, Lenovo, etc) and I can't get past the Bluetooth driver install because the installer tells me I have no Bluetooth device. BTW, this card works flawlessly in Mac OS X. If anyone has a similar issue and can figure out the Windows side of things, please post.

I have the sample card currently which had 1 notch, I made the second notch in the card.

In Windows 7 x64 I've installed various different drivers for the card:
WiFi is never able to detect any access points regardless of driver being used.
Bluetooth was able to detect a device and use it once but during my efforts trying alternate WiFi drivers I lost the good driver that was able to run the bluetooth properly.

Both work in OSX without an issue.
Once I get this Dell card and have a 'mainstream card' I'll mess with it more and see if I can get it working properly in windows too.
Not that I need Windows 7 to work but it would be nice if it did. Part of me wonders if Windows 8.1 or 10 would work OOTB with it, but I'm not interested in that new interface, nor can I upgrade to windows 10 as it is running an enterprise version of windows 7 which isn't eligible for the 'free' upgrade that MS offers.

I give up on Windows 7 x64 .... I must have tried 15 different versions of drivers today. BT works perfectly in Windows but WiFi is a lost cause. Oh well now I've at least got some peace of mind that I'm using a real card not some hacked up sample card. In fact I think my reception in OSX is improved for my N network (haven't updated to AC yet).

I give up on Windows 7 x64 .... I must have tried 15 different versions of drivers today. BT works perfectly in Windows but WiFi is a lost cause. Oh well now I've at least got some peace of mind that I'm using a real card not some hacked up sample card. In fact I think my reception in OSX is improved for my N network (haven't updated to AC yet).

Maybe you should try Win10.

apparently there is a required BIOS update for win10 support for this laptop...
And enterprise versions of windows aren't eligible for windows 10 for free.

An eBay seller has these selling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94352Z-NGFF-WIFI-CARD-OSX-COMPATIBLE-Y50-Y70-LENOVO-/261991124712?hash=item3cffe34ee8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back