Contribute
Register

Where can I get BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this- definitely a help. I've setup an alert.

So I can also buy cards titled:
Dell DW1560
Lenovo 2020048
?

I'm fine for whitelisting- as another user here with my laptop is using it with success. They did mention they had to 'cut the notch'. So I would presume that they bought an E key, and I should get an A+E to avoid having to cut the notch?

The Dell DW1560 is a A+E Key card (2 notches). This will work in an E key slot because one of the slots will line up perfectly. An E Key card such as the Lenovo 20-20048 (1 notch) will not work in an A key slot because it is missing one of the open notches (of course, you can Dremel it...someone in this forum had done it). If you laptop has an A slot, your best bet would be the Dell Dw1560. This way, you would avoid having to mod it and possibly destroy it. That said, I have both these cards and my Dell DW1560 has 2 notches and the Lenovo has only 1 notch, so I can't say with absolute authority that there aren't any other variations of say, the DW1560. But I highly doubt it. Why would Dell produce 2 different cards? I would say you can't go wrong with the DW1560 since it will work in both A and E slots.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't seem to find the DW1560 or the BCM94352Z for sale anywhere.

So I am thinking of buying the Lenovo
20200480 card (and using a freight forwarder from the USA to get it to my country).

Can anyone confirm that bluetooth handoff works with the Lenovo card (
20200480). Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks for the reply.

I can't seem to find the DW1560 or the BCM94352Z for sale anywhere.

So I am thinking of buying the Lenovo
20200480 card (and using a freight forwarder from the USA to get it to my country).

Can anyone confirm that bluetooth handoff works with the Lenovo card (
20200480). Is there anything else I should know?

These cards do come up on ebay from time to time, as mentioned. At one point, two different vendors were selling these cards simultaneously and one of the vendors (I think from Germany) had 3 of them in stock.

If you don't want to wait for one to show up on ebay, I know some people have had luck ordering the Lenovo 20200480 from Part Store

https://partstore.com/Part/Lenovo/Lenovo/20200480/Refurbished.aspx

Few things to note. First, some people have received the correct card while others seem to have received something entirely different. Not sure why that is happening. Secondly, Part Store only ships to the US and if you try to use the website to order, they won't even let you order it. You can call their toll free number (use Gmail to make the call as calls to the US are free) and order it (they will let you order it over the phone but they will tell you they only ship to US addresses). You can have them ship it to your freight forwarder.

Lastly, bluetooth handoff works and is supported but you need to patch (you also need a patch for 5 ghz). I am using Clover EFI bootloader and this is the patch code I have in my config.plist for bluetooth

Code:
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.10.2-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>4885c0745c0fb748</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>41be0f000000eb59</string>
			</dict>

If you don't want to wait for one to show up on ebay, I know some people have had luck ordering the Lenovo 20200480 from Part Store
First, some people have received the correct card while others seem to have received something entirely different. Not sure why that is happening. Secondly, Part Store only ships to the US

Thanks for the informative response

Yes- I've set up alerts on eBay and I'm checking all the time without any luck.

I am tempted to use a freight forwarder and Partstore but I am worried it may not be the right card (and freight forwarders are expensive as they have a 'minimum' weight).

What I really need is a friend in the US to check its the right card, then send it for me ha

Thanks for the informative response

Yes- I've set up alerts on eBay and I'm checking all the time without any luck.

I am tempted to use a freight forwarder and Partstore but I am worried it may not be the right card (and freight forwarders are expensive as they have a 'minimum' weight).

What I really need is a friend in the US to check its the right card, then send it for me ha

I was in the same predicament as you since I don't live in the US either. As soon as these cards show up on ebay, you got to snatch one up right away. It took a couple of weeks for me to spot one.

I use a service called US Unlocked to have a reloadable prepaid American Visa card. It was started by a couple who were ex-pats that had to move to Germany. They were pissed that they couldn't get Netflix and such because of where they lived. They also provide VPN and shipping services where you get an actual shipping address (and they forward as well). Here is a link to their shipping page where they have relationships with various companies:

http://www.usunlocked.com/package_forwarding.php

If you notice the last one (Shipporter), they ship exclusively to Australia.

https://www.shipporter.com/

I've never used a mail forwarder or shipping services from any of these companies, but I use US Unlocked all the time to purchase Amazon MP3 music and movies.

Hope this helps

Ok cheers for the suggestions.

Mailfowarding is my only option for Partstore,and Ive found one that's reasonably cheap (Shipito.com).

My main concern now would be, as you mentioned, Partstore sending me the incorrect card.

How recently did you hear of people getting the wrong card and was it many people?

Is there any thing specific I could say to Partstore about checking that the item is a certain model before they send it?

Ok cheers for the suggestions.

Mailfowarding is my only option for Partstore,and Ive found one that's reasonably cheap (Shipito.com).

My main concern now would be, as you mentioned, Partstore sending me the incorrect card.

How recently did you hear of people getting the wrong card and was it many people?

Is there any thing specific I could say to Partstore about checking that the item is a certain model before they send it?

According to post # 22 of this thread, as of April 2015, they "seem" to be sending out the correct card. It must have been in one of the other hackintosh forum sites, but I remember several people ordered the Lenovo 20-200480 from Part Store and were getting the wrong card, but that was back in January or February 2015, so Part Store may have corrected their inventory. Not sure exactly.

If anything, I would call their toll free number and just make sure that it is in fact the Lenovo 20-200480 and not some other wifi card. You'd have to call them to order anyways as their website will not allow you to use a non-US issued credit card. When I called them a month or so ago, the lady on the phone said she could process my non-US credit card but that I'd have to provide a US based address to ship to. Since I didn't have anywhere in the US to ship to, I had to resort to ebay.

Good luck!

Patience is a virtue!

A DELL DW1560 just popped on eBay for $12USD.

Shipping to Aus is $20USD but I'm still ecstatic that I've finally found one :)

No returns policy from the seller tho- I'm presuming there isn't much that could be wrong with it though?

(link)

received mine from partstore last week. it is the correct card, although there was nothing in the description to suggest it was the BCM card (besides the Lenovo part number)

Patience is a virtue!

A DELL DW1560 just popped on eBay for $12USD.

Shipping to Aus is $20USD but I'm still ecstatic that I've finally found one :)

No returns policy from the seller tho- I'm presuming there isn't much that could be wrong with it though?

(link)

Glad to hear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back