Contribute
Register

Where can I get BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you happen to take pictures of the card? What laptop did you install it?
I ordered 2 of them and they both went down in first 2 minuts in the HP Folio 1040 G1

The wifi card is taken from Lenovo computer. And I installed on my Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop. I did not take any picture.

What do you mean by went down? Are they working under windows?

It seems out of stock everywhere. Anyone knows where to get one? Thanks in advance.

Update:
Finally I found one from a part store. The card has arrived and worked well.

Hey,

If you don't mind me asking, which part store and where?? I'm looking everywhere on Google and it is out of stock everywhere I look. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I called their toll free number. The lady on the phone seemed convinced that this is a wired LAN card/chipset, and not a wifi card at all. Also, several people have reported that Part Store is sending an Intel card. Not sure what to do.

Is this card the BCM94352Z and is it working for you? Do you remember the dimensions by any chance (I'm assuming you already put it into your laptop)? I'm looking for a 22mm x 30mm M.2 NGFF. Do you remember if it had that A notch?

Thanks

I called their toll free number. The lady on the phone seemed convinced that this is a wired LAN card/chipset, and not a wifi card at all. Also, several people have reported that Part Store is sending an Intel card. Not sure what to do.

Is this card the BCM94352Z and is it working for you? Do you remember the dimensions by any chance (I'm assuming you already put it into your laptop)? I'm looking for a 22mm x 30mm M.2 NGFF. Do you remember if it had that A notch?

Thanks

This is what I ordered. Standard NGFF connection. You can google the part number, indeed it is bcm94352z.

Just ordered from partstore... $30 seemed worth the risk. I'll report back when I receive the card.

partstore.com is indeed shipping the correct card and refer to it being a broadcom card on their label along with the Lenovo part number. YMMV of course.

Attachments

• 20150408_182454.jpg
    20150408_182454.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 857
  • 20150408_182604.jpg
    20150408_182604.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 821
I'm in Australia and can't seem to find this card. I *stupidly* bought the 94352HMB version before checking if I had the right slots.

Any suggestions for finding this card in Australia? Partstore.com don't ship to Aus.

I'm in Australia and can't seem to find this card. I *stupidly* bought the 94352HMB version before checking if I had the right slots.

Any suggestions for finding this card in Australia? Partstore.com don't ship to Aus.

These cards are a PITA to find but not impossible. I found two of them on ebay. You just have to keep checking a few times per day. You can also setup an alert so that if one is listed you'll be notified. Be prepared to pay anywhere between $20-$80 on average. They are expensive because the folks who have them know they are highly sought after by the hackintosh community and also these cards are not used on many machines.

Also, be aware that there are two types of M.2 NGFF combo cards. One is the A+E key and the other an E key. An E key card will not work on an A slot without modification because there is an extra notch/opening (you'll need to use a Dremel tool). If you want to avoid that, find out what type you have first. An A+E key will work in an E slot (such as the Dell DW1560, which is another variation and uses the exact same chipsets as the Lenovo 20-200480).

Lastly, some laptops employ a wifi whitelist database in the BIOS. You won't know until you get one and install it, unfortunately. While booting up, you'll know if your laptop has a whitelist because it will complain about the card.

Hope this helps

Also, be aware that there are two types of M.2 NGFF combo cards. One is the A+E key and the other an E key
some laptops employ a wifi whitelist database in the BIOS.

Thanks for this- definitely a help. I've setup an alert.

So I can also buy cards titled:
Dell DW1560
Lenovo 2020048
?

I'm fine for whitelisting- as another user here with my laptop is using it with success. They did mention they had to 'cut the notch'. So I would presume that they bought an E key, and I should get an A+E to avoid having to cut the notch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back