Contribute
Register

Where can I find general information on how to set up a dual boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H67M-D2-B3
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi,

I successfully built my hackintosh about a year ago and am now on a new endeavor, I would like to dual boot windows 7 and my current 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.
Is there a website or web page solely devoted to information on dualbooting? If so, I would like the link. Also, if you have any tips before I begin please comment.
I'm not really experienced with this sort of thing, any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
AMD Radeon HD 6850 Series

P.S. I have already looked into bootcamp but I always get an error along the lines of "you muse update you computer's boot rom...."

Thanks

I am dual-booting 10.8.3 and Win7. Each OS resides on different HDD. You can select the OS from Bootloader or by selecting boot device from BIOS (f12).

I also have another customac dualbooting on same HDD. 1st partition = Win7 (ntfs), 2nd partition = 10.8.3 3rd partition = data (ex-fat). Partition the HDD as MBR. Install windows and update it first, then only install OSX and Multibeast, else you'll get error to update windows later.

First off, thanks for the information.

But I think I need more in depth information on how to create a dual-booting machine step-by-step.
Can you just provide me with any links that you got your information from?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back