Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone. I am new here so please bear with me. I purchased the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH as per the recommended hardware for a PRO build. I am following the instructions @ http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604 for how to install OSX and one of the items is to download the DSDT file for my motherboard. Looking at the database : http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html I do not see anything for this motherboard. Could someone please help out a noob? :) Thank you!

Thanks for the details. Could you help answer a couple more questions? Do you run this utility from the system that you want to patch or can you run it from any system? Running this from my macbook pro I do not see any references to Gigabyte MB's ?

Also do I need a DSDT for this board?

You don't really need a DSDT for that mobo to have a running system, that's why there isn't none in the DSDT database. You can make some edits to make it appear more Apple-like and have a few more tweaks.

You need to run MacIASL from the UP5-TH desktop since it needs to extract it from that motherboard.

You don't really need a DSDT for that mobo to have a running system, that's why there isn't none in the DSDT database. You can make some edits to make it appear more Apple-like and have a few more tweaks.

You need to run MacIASL from the UP5-TH desktop since it needs to extract it from that motherboard.

What would those tweaks be in particular? Having a basic running system is fine to start off with. But if there is anything that editing a DSDT would do for me in terms of getting a better performing system, I'd love to hear about that. ;-)

ok how can i fix my problem of cmos reset when restarting my hack thats my main problem i had tryed a pached apple rtc n nothing same thing ne clues
Use the apple CMOS reset patch found in multibeast

I don't know what your BIOS issue is Prada. I suggest updating it or reinstalling to the latest version.

Check the forum and see if anyone else is running a R9 270x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back