Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Where are my HDD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

I may be missing the bus on this one but I took a look at your config.plist and noticed a couple of things ...

1) For Monterey you must disable IntelBluetoothInjector.kext to allow the system to boot correctly.

2) You could add BlueToolFixup.kext, to enable Bluetooth again.

3) Check your USBPorts.kext uses the system-defintion iMac19,1 like the rest of your system. If not, it won't work.

4) You should not need XHCI-unsupported.kext although it won't harm your system.

As I said, I might be missing something because you have a booting system, but the above checks may help. :thumbup:

When you can see a USB port in IORegistryExplorer but it does not mount on the desktop, this is usually because the port is not activated as a match for the device inserted - USB2+USB3 , or USB3+USB2. USB2 in a USB2 port should work etc.

:)
Fantastic! With these small changes I can now see my HardDisks and USB ports are working!
Only the Bluetooth problem remains: looking on the net for the kext you recommended, I saw that its installation in MacOS BigSur and later cannot be done with KextBeast. Now I have downloaded the BlueToolFixup.kext: can you suggest me how to install it? Otherwise could I simply put it in the Kext folder in EFI?
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Fantastic! With these small changes I can now see my HardDisks and USB ports are working!
Only the Bluetooth problem remains: looking on the net for the kext you recommended, I saw that its installation in MacOS BigSur and later cannot be done with KextBeast. Now I have downloaded the BlueToolFixup.kext: can you suggest me how to install it? Otherwise could I simply put it in the Kext folder in EFI?
Thank you so much

Good news. :thumbup:

Yes, just put the kext in the EFI/OC/kexts folder and add it to your config.plist.

Good news. :thumbup:

Yes, just put the kext in the EFI/OC/kexts folder and add it to your config.plist.

Ok, I did it: the bluetooth now can be activated but It doesn't work well. Probably I need a more specific kext for my BT dongle.
In BigSur I could see both the bluetooth hardware: the Intel one, on the motherboard, and the Cambridge Silicon radio dongle. Now I see only one device which is not correctly recognized.

I attach the screenshots that show what I mean: two of BiSur and the last one of Monterey

Attachments

• Screenshot BT CambridgeSiliconRadio BigSur.png
    Screenshot BT CambridgeSiliconRadio BigSur.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot BT Intel BigSur.png
    Screenshot BT Intel BigSur.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot BT Monterey.png
    Screenshot BT Monterey.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 27
Ok, I did it: the bluetooth now can be activated but It doesn't work well. Probably I need a more specific kext for my BT dongle.
In BigSur I could see both the bluetooth hardware: the Intel one, on the motherboard, and the Cambridge Silicon radio dongle. Now I see only one device which is not correctly recognized.

I attach the screenshots that show what I mean: two of BiSur and the last one of Monterey

I believe you should only have one BT controller active at a time. I would remove the Cambridge Silicon one and only use the Intel.

I believe you should only have one BT controller active at a time. I would remove the Cambridge Silicon one and only use the Intel.
I tried both possibilities: with Intel I can't see anything at all, if I connect the dongle I am able to see some devices, but not always. I have to connect and disconnect the dongle more than once and, the same, deactivate and activate Bluetooth more the once. But only the dongle let me see devices around me. That happened in BigSur too, but there the Cambridge Silicon worked perfectly and I didn't need to play this game...

I tried both possibilities: with Intel I can't see anything at all, if I connect the dongle I am able to see some devices, but not always. I have to connect and disconnect the dongle more than once and, the same, deactivate and activate Bluetooth more the once. But only the dongle let me see devices around me. That happened in BigSur too, but there the Cambridge Silicon worked perfectly and I didn't need to play this game...

Okay.

I've checked the device-id for your Intel Bluetooth chip from the screengrab you posted earlier, to confirm it is in the "supported" list for the driver:

https://openintelwireless.github.io/IntelBluetoothFirmware/Compat.html#supported-devices

... and it is:

Comp.jpg

So, next you need to make sure you are using the correct version of the openintelwireless bluetooth driver release. Version 2.1.0 is the latest.

There are no separate Monterey CSR drivers as far as I know. If macOS support is flaky then that's unfortunate.

Having two BT controllers in place at the same time definitely will cause problems. So use only ONE.

As everything should be working you will need to bear in mind the above, and check your work again. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Okay.

I've checked the device-id for your Intel Bluetooth chip from the screengrab you posted earlier, to confirm it is in the "supported" list for the driver:

https://openintelwireless.github.io/IntelBluetoothFirmware/Compat.html#supported-devices

... and it is:

So, next you need to make sure you are using the correct version of the openintelwireless bluetooth driver release. Version 2.1.0 is the latest.

There are no separate Monterey CSR drivers as far as I know. If macOS support is flaky then that's unfortunate.

Having two BT controllers in place at the same time definitely will cause problems. So use only ONE.

As everything should be working you will need to bear in mind the above, and check your work again. :thumbup:

Ok, I checked the Kext version and it's 2.1.0, the latest one. I understand that using the two devices at the same time can cause problems but doesn't it seem strange to you that in Monterey my BT device is no longer seen as Intel? the photo that I posted earlier and that I now attach again, refers to the Intel device on the motherboard that is seen as a dongle. This is not the photo of the CSR connected to a USB port.

Attachments

• Screenshot BT Monterey.png
    Screenshot BT Monterey.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
... doesn't it seem strange to you that in Monterey my BT device is no longer seen as Intel?

No. This is because of the BlueToolFixup kext.

No. This is because of the BlueToolFixup kext.

Ok, but, anyway, I can activate it in system preferences but it is not able to see the other devices: I'm unlucky

Ok, but, anyway, I can activate it in system preferences but it is not able to see the other devices: I'm unlucky
you will have to wait for an update to the kexts or use more compatible hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back