Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Where are my HDD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but, anyway, I can activate it in system preferences but it is not able to see the other devices: I'm unlucky

Yes, it may just be an incompatibility as @Feartech says, or you could use, as I mentioned above, a Broadcom USB adapter instead.

One final thing you can try. Check the BT aerial connection and placement. Is it on your desktop?

Last edited:
do you mean in the menu bar? The icon in the menu bar?

No. The actual aerial hardware itself.

Could you suggest me one?

There are a couple in our Buyer's Guide - by IOGear and GMYLE.

I also use a Belkin F8T065 which is BT4.0 but you have to double check with Belkin to make sure it's still using a Broadcom chip.

The actual aerial hardware itself
I checked on the MB manual but I did't find information about the bluetooth chipset

Last question, I disabled the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext: do I have to disable IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext too?

I checked on the MB manual but I did't find information about the bluetooth chipset

Check your aerial / antenna:

Antenna.jpg

Last question, I disabled the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext: do I have to disable IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext too?

No. Leave that one in place and enabled.

:)

I am back, I hope only temporarily, to Big Sur: it is not because of the Bluetooth problem but because every now and then, regardless of what I am doing, the system freezes. The wheel appears and continues to spin for a couple of minutes then all open applications are closed, the menu bar disappears and I am forced to shut down the computer with the power button. Only the mouse continues to work but if I click on the icons on the Dock nothing happens. I am attaching the config.plist: is there something I need to change?

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.8 KB · Views: 24
I am back, I hope only temporarily, to Big Sur: it is not because of the Bluetooth problem but because every now and then, regardless of what I am doing, the system freezes. The wheel appears and continues to spin for a couple of minutes then all open applications are closed, the menu bar disappears and I am forced to shut down the computer with the power button. Only the mouse continues to work but if I click on the icons on the Dock nothing happens. I am attaching the config.plist: is there something I need to change?
you have both:
AtherosE2200Ethernet
RealtekRTL8111
kexts, would assume you only need the one

Hi, I started one more time from the begin: now with the new version of the BlueToolFixup.kext and with the corrections you suggested to me, everything works smoothly.
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back