Contribute
Register

where are kexts located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This where Im confused. Is it S/L/E or L/E and Im not sure which ones are 3rd party or not. Again forgive my ignorance.
FakeSMC and all the kexts you want to install (which will all be 3rd party) belong in /Library/Extensions

FakeSMC and all the kexts you want to install (which will all be 3rd party) belong in /Library/Extensions

Hey thanks! So to be clear, everything in my Other folder at the moment can go inside L/E, correct?

Edit: Also, are my USB kext a bit redundant?

yes, make sure to install them properly, use KextBeast if needs be

you probably need USB kexts to make your USB work

Theres just like 3 or 4 of em. Aint broke I guess.

Ok, Kext Beast rules and the boot was flawless. Onto the next obsession if you or anyone has the time. How do I go about printing off everything on screen while booting in Verbose mode. I want to see if there are hang ups or errors Im missing!

Ok, Kext Beast rules and the boot was flawless. Onto the next obsession if you or anyone has the time. How do I go about printing off everything on screen while booting in Verbose mode. I want to see if there are hang ups or errors Im missing!
boot verbose

-v

in boot arguments in config.plist

boot verbose

-v

in boot arguments in config.plist

-V..ery cool.

I'll post the bootleg here if anyone is interested in double checking my setup. Off the bat I'm curious to why it refers to my rx580 as a 480. Along with the "needs connecting" on certain kext.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Which motherboard are you using, and what version of OS?

Which motherboard are you using, and what version of OS?

Asus z370 Prime A and Mojave. I actually went through my kext and other patches and removed a few redundancies after this thread. I even deleted the useful ones in L/E and installed them properly with Kext Beast. This made things run a lot better.

Asus z370 Prime A and Mojave. I actually went through my kext and other patches and removed a few redundancies after this thread. I even deleted the useful ones in L/E and installed them properly with Kext Beast. This made things run a lot better.

You do have too many redundant kexts for ethernet, audio, and usb.. You should look up your motherboard and look for what type or brand is your audio, and ethernet. From there, install only those kexts. For usb you should only have USBInjectAll.kext, and eventually build a custom SSDT for USB. The only kext you absolutely need is the VirtualSMC or FakeSMC kexts. You will most likely also need the Lilu kext and other kexts rely on it. Other than that, only install kexts for the hardware you actually have. Follow the vanilla guide, it may be a bit easier for you to understand then my amateur Hackintosh self..

You do have too many redundant kexts for ethernet, audio, and usb.. You should look up your motherboard and look for what type or brand is your audio, and ethernet. From there, install only those kexts. For usb you should only have USBInjectAll.kext, and eventually build a custom SSDT for USB. The only kext you absolutely need is the VirtualSMC or FakeSMC kexts. You will most likely also need the Lilu kext and other kexts rely on it. Other than that, only install kexts for the hardware you actually have. Follow the vanilla guide, it may be a bit easier for you to understand then my amateur Hackintosh self..

Thanks. Ok, I've moved all over to L/E using Kext Beast and the only item in Other is FakeSMC. The tags that are red are OS related and the untagged at the bottom are what I've added.

I think today I'll try and conquer the custom SSDT for USB. It's my understanding that you don't need any kext after that concerning USB, correct? And thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.16.32 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back