Motherboard
MSIz370 Gaming Plus
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Please I need help!!! I have brand new MSI z370 Gaming Plus with i5 8400, I updated the Bios on it followed the install guide for Mojave and when it is installing it gets to almost the end and then the computer shuts off. I did all the configurations for the bios too. Please help!

Please I need help!!! I have brand new MSI z370 Gaming Plus with i5 8400, I updated the Bios on it followed the install guide for Mojave and when it is installing it gets to almost the end and then the computer shuts off. I did all the configurations for the bios too. Please help!
  • Please note your Profile : CPU lacks details of your Intel Processor that indicates it has associated Intel HD 630. This information is important to provide you help.
    • Cursory filling of this important information is one of the most common causes of bad advice in Forum and long troubleshoots.
  • The Install GUIDE has not mentioned your EXCAT BOARD's BIOS Options for Hackintosh Mojave.
    • List the Options you have actually made or upload screen shots of BIOS options for readers to find your choice to determine its appropriateness to boot the USB Installer or cause for the boot problem
  • Diagnosis of Boot failure requires Verbose boot screen image.
    • Boot your USB Installer in Verbose Mode pressing Space bar once while in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen and from the popup Options, click to [√]Verbose (-v)
    • Take a Photo where Verbose boot screen stops and upload that image as Attachment to your Post.
  • Since for flawless boot of the USB Installer, the CLOVER folder from the USB Installer disk is a crucial part, for any boot failure, we have to check the whole CLOVER folder.
  • Upload the CLOVER as a zipped file.
  • CLOVER is in the Hidden EFI Partition of the USB
  • To unide EFI Partition and access its CLOVER, use EFI Mounter V3 or Clover Configurator Global (CCG) to mount the EFI on the desktop of a Mac or Hack.
  • If you need the steps using CCG, check-> #4 for the bulleted items.

Thanks for the quick reply! So I updated my profile for future reference. I made a fresh USB and used a different USB port followed the instructions carefully and I was able to get it to install. I might need some help with the graphics card, do I have to create another thread for that? Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply! So I updated my profile for future reference. I made a fresh USB and used a different USB port followed the instructions carefully and I was able to get it to install. I might need some help with the graphics card, do I have to create another thread for that? Thank you!
  • You don't have to make a new post until you complete your installation and your System can boot on its own without the need for the USB Installer for CLOVER support.

• If you uploaded images from your Monitor screen to support and supplement your post, readers have an easier way to understand the problem you are seeing on your Monitor screen and provide better and faster help.

• For post-install "fine tuning" you may start a new thread with a new TITLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back