Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After booting up with unibeast, my USB speaker blew the house down. It was then and there that I realize I have a fully working hack - audio, booting, graphics, sata drives and Internet.

So why do we need to add a specific DSDT??? My build is working fine without it! Wouldn't it just be easier to just use the files from unibeast to create a fail-safe DSDT for anyone to use? There are no setting or guesswork or hassles like other DSDTs. You boot up and the build works.

So why do we need a DSDT again... What is wrong with this picture?

That is because booting with UniBeast supplies some files that you need. If your hack will boot from HDD without the aid of UniBeast and still be 100% functional without a DSDT, NullCPUPowerManagement and EvoReboot Kext, then you are extremely lucky in your choice of hardware. If you have to have the mentioned files to boot to desktop, then you will not be able to sleep the hack and powermanagement is non-existant.

That is what the DSDT does for you. It allows native power management and sleep (on most machines anyway) without extra kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back