Contribute
Register

What's the "hackintosh" status of the Dell Venue 11 5130 tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
HD 7790
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello. I'm considering "hackintoshing" my Dell Venue 11 5130 tablet (currently using Windows 10) to use audio related programs such as Kontakt (standalone) and Reason. I intend on using a external audio interface (Novation Audiohub 2x4).

What's the recommended version of OS X to install in my tablet? How is compatibility? Does touchscreen work?

Thank you!

Thanks for the link. It still doesn't address some of my questions:

- Does touchscreen work? Maybe someone using similar hardware can tell. Since Mac OS X is not intended for touch control I guess that will be a problem, won't it? In case it's doable, how do I know what's the exact touchscreen hardware of my Windows tablet and what are the drivers needed?
- Since Sierra and High Sierra seem to have a lot of issues, is it recommended to install El Capitan?

Thank you!

Thanks for the link. It still doesn't address my questions:

- Does touchscreen work? Maybe someone using similar hardware can tell. Since Mac OS X is not intended for touch control I guess that will be a problem, won't it?
- Since Sierra and High Sierra seem to have a lot of issues, is it recommended to install El Capitan?

Thank you!

You still failed to fill out your profile with hardware details.
It is the first thing in the FAQ.
Please read it carefully.

You still failed to fill out your profile with hardware details.
I see. I'll gather the required information and get back to you later. Thanks for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back