Contribute
Register

What's a decent bluetooth PCI card compatible with OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.

I regularly use my magic mouse, keyboard and other accessories with a bluetooth 4.0 dongle, but the connection isn't very stable.
I'd like to purchase a decent bluetooth PCI card to install on my hackingtosh, but I know compatibility of such peripherals with OSX is a bit tricky.
Any advice on a card that's 100% compatible with OSX?

I'm on 10.13.6
Switching on 10.15.5 next year.

Thank you.

I got this one, Fenvi FV-HB1200 and it works oob. No kexts needed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx86-21

"PC Hackintosh WiFi & BT wifi card 802.11a/g/n/ac WLAN + BT 4.0 PCI-E Network Adapter mac-compatible Wi-Fi AirDrop Handoff Instant Hotspot macOS MIMO 2x2 Mac OS X natively supported BCM4360 802.11ac"

Hello.

I regularly use my magic mouse, keyboard and other accessories with a bluetooth 4.0 dongle, but the connection isn't very stable.
I'd like to purchase a decent bluetooth PCI card to install on my hackingtosh, but I know compatibility of such peripherals with OSX is a bit tricky.

I'm on 10.13.6

Thank you.
I have the fenvi T919, and it works great.

Hello.

I'm on 10.13.6

Thank you.
You could try a 5 GHz Wi-Fi router. My Bluetooth became stable immediately after I switched to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal.

Hello.

I'm on 10.13.6

Thank you.

There are no PCI bluetooth cards. There are PCI cards that include USB bluetooth, those will include a little cable to connect the bluetooth to a USB header on the motherboard. The Fenvi cards are the way to that others have already linked above.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you don't that USB cable and you will never have bluetooth. There are some usb bluetooth dongles that work with OS X if that is all you are after but I have been using the Fenvi cards for years so don't have any suggestions.

ASUS have a bluetooth adapter I used before I bought the Fenvi with both wifi and bluetooth.
That´s ASUS BT400:

But you need to have kexts for that one to work.
Had some issues with it and had to reconnect it after reboot and it could be troublesome to get it connected properly. But when connection was established it worked perfect.

I didn´t have magic mouse or keyboard connected to it, only a trackpad.

With that in mind the choice is pretty simple, go for a Fenvi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back